Discover: Draft Day delivery
The 2015 MLB First-Year Player Draft gets under way tonight, and as you’d expect, the excitement is reflected in our blogging community. Make sure to tune into MLB Network or visit MLB.com at 6 p.m. ET to watch the proceedings unfold. In the meantime, here’s a sampling of what people are saying ahead of the big event:
- Matt of The Unbiased MLB Fan previews the Draft, pointing out the increasing attention it’s garnering.
- Dodger Insider posted a special feature on the Draft’s 50th anniversary.
- Dazzy Vance Chronicles looks back at Rick Monday, the first player selected in the first-ever MLB Draft 50 years ago.
- Seatown Mariners and the teen Pro Blogger behind The First Week of Summer share their mock drafts.
- MLB.com Cubs beat writer Carrie Muskat blogs about the team’s mindset going into the Draft.
- stlcardinalsminimo highlights Cardinals Senior VP and GM John Mozeliak ahead of his first Draft.
- Beat writer Todd Zolecki says Phillies new amateur scouting directory Johnny Almaraz is looking to change the organization’s draft fortunes.
- mattbandi.com examines the expected results of a team’s typical Draft class.
- aviewfromthecheapseatsblog profiles some of the top prospects expected to be selected early tonight.
Know a good post with Draft analysis? Leave us the URL in the comments below!