Results tagged ‘ Angel Stadium ’
1. Blue Jays, Cardinals clinch division titles. Toronto is celebrating as the Jays were crowned AL East champions on Wednesday night, leaving Blue Jays Musings enjoying the achievement and Matthew Walthert feeling the love. In the NL Central, the Cardinals delighted stlcardinalsminimo by mathematically eliminating the Pirates to pop the corks. Speaking of the Redbirds, MLB.com’s Richard Justice has some high praise for the team with the best record in baseball in his Justice4U MLB Pro Blog.
2. Tight AL Wild Card race. The Halo Way posted photos of an eventful night at Angel Stadium that saw the Angels blast five homers, but still drop an important game to the A’s that leaves them on the outside looking in on the AL Wild Card race. The Yankees could’ve sewn up a postseason spot, but fell to the rival Red Sox in extra innings, leaving The Cutoff Man to lament an opportunity squandered. Chipalatta is relegated to scoreboard watching on on off day for the Astros, who currently are in the lead for the second and final AL Wild Card.
3. Teams prepping after clinching. We Gotta Believe! took a guess at the Mets’ NLDS roster, while Just Mets checks in on Jon Niese’s status for the postseason. On the other coast, cat loves the dodgers speculates as to Don Mattingly’s roster to face the Mets in next week’s Division Series and Dodger Insider writes that the team is taking measure of its pitching.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday in the comments below!
- Cat loves the dodgers has appealed to the baseball gods to let the Dodgers clinch.
- The Giants beat their ancient rivals on Monday and SF Giants Photos posted pics.
- The Wayniac Nation looks at some clubs enjoying resurgences this season.
- How much can 10 days change a division race? Around the Horn Talk explores.
- Just Mets discusses Matt Harvey’s comments on pitching before the postseason.
- Here are some dramatic super moon eclipse ballpark photos from The Halo Way.
- Joe Frisaro explains what a strong finish for the Marlins can do for the club.
- See photos and stories from the Wrigley stop on Chavez Chronicle‘s ballpark tour.
- TribeVibe thanks #TribeTown with details on October 3 Fan Appreciation Night.
- Think the Cubs promoted all their top prospects? Daniel Satter has news for you.
- The Distinguished Grizzly shares an updated power rankings for the final week.
- The Mets won their first division title since 2006 and We Gotta Believe! has videos.
- Just Mets talks about how much a return to postseason baseball means to Mets fans.
- That’s The Pitch enjoyed watching the Blue Jays celebrate the end of the longest postseason drought in North American sports, while Tigers Forever is throwing her support behind Canada’s Team this October.
- Luis Severino continues his rise in the Yankees’ rotation, says The Cutoff Man, while Overtime examines some potential postseason opponents for the Bombers.
- It’s the final countdown for the Astros over at youstontx.
- Dodger Insider advises Dodger fans anxious for clinching to keep their hats on.
- It was a fun weekend in the nation’s capital for the Phillies and Phillies Insider.
- The Masthead recaps a recent visit to Angel Stadium for a Blue Jays-Angels game and The Halo Way has pics from Sunday’s win over the Mariners that gave the Angels a weekend sweep.
- Flashin’ Leather saw the Tigers’ home finale as a microcosm of their entire season.
- Carrie Muskat asked Starlin Castro about his walk-up music at Musket Ramblings.
- TribeVibe put together a guide to the season’s final homestand at Progressive Field.