Results tagged ‘ Anthony Rizzo ’
- Cast your All-Star ballot and stump for your guys like Dodger Insider is doing!
- Above the Mendoza recaps a hugely successful weekend in Atlanta for the Mets.
- Kenta Maeda’s strong start to 2016 hasn’t escaped the attention of Tracy Ringolsby.
- The Canuck Cubbie enjoyed seeing Anthony Rizzo go deep twice on Sunday.
- Game 17 was when blisters popped and bullpens stretched, writes Jason Beck.
- Giants Fan Carm says that despite not sweeping, slow and steady wins the race.
- Here are three stars from a victorious weekend, courtesy of Phillies Insider.
- Rays Radio has postgame notes following the home run barrage in the Bronx.
- The home run ball cost the Yankees a shot at a sweep, laments The Cutoff Man.
- The Athenian Print marvels at Jake Arrieta’s no-hitter over the weekend.
- Walt Whitman, baseball scribe? Our Game explores the poet and the game.
- The Baseball Sociologist revisits when Rick Monday saved an American flag.
- Go back 22 years to when Kenny Rogers was perfect with Newberg Report.
- Blind Baseball Perspective wants to see MLB expand to 32 teams and re-align.
- What’s it like taking a toddler to a game for the first time? Ask spit up and sit ups.
- Cardinals Insider highlights some of the barbecue options at Busch Stadium.
- Dodger Drei reacts to reports that Dave Roberts will be the next Dodger manager.
- Tracy Ringolsby talks Manager of the Year longevity in his Write ’em Cowboy blog.
- Mike Trout deserved another AL MVP award this season, according to fanbase1.
- Giants Fan Carm is enjoying watching her team rack up the awards this month.
- Boston will need to find a new king when David Ortiz retires, says The Winning Run.
- Tom Singer calls Tony La Russa’s ARF conclave “engrossing, inspiring and amazing.”
- Read up on the Dodgers’ rivalry with the Reds in the 1970s thanks to Dodgers History.
- Muskat Ramblings posted a photo of Anthony Rizzo doing some holiday shopping.
- Cat loves the dodgers put together an offseason wish list of her own for her team.
- The Indians served Thanksgiving dinner at Progressive Field and TribeVibe was there.
- Steel city ballhawk recapped an eventful Wild Card Game last month in Pittsburgh.
- Sometimes you have to build your own doubleheader, as Cook & Sons explains.
1. Hisashi Iwakuma’s no-hitter. Ending a run of 12 straight no-hitters by National League pitchers, Seattle’s Hisashi Iwakuma held the Orioles hitless on Wednesday at Safeco Field. From the Corner of Edgar & Dave posted a photo of a lineup card that suddenly became historic. Teal Ball Times thanked the Mariners hurler, while The Occasional Post saw the feat as evidence of the beauty of baseball and Daniel Satter Sport Talk provided an opposition perspective. (more…)
Sporting a new seeded-and-bracketed look, the Gillette Home Run Derby will entertain fans tonight at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN. DrewZuhoskiDaily! goes over the new format and rules, while The Rainout Blog hopes it doesn’t have any material tonight. The Cubs have two participants in Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant, so Muskat Ramblings asked their teammates who would claim bragging rights in the clubhouse. Elsewhere, Britt Ghiroli has quotes from the Orioles’ Manny Machado on his approach going into the event. (more…)
1. Final Vote. Clayton Kershaw should be an All-Star if you ask Dodger Insider, and Phillies Insider certainly wouldn’t disagree after watching the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner toss a shutout on Wednesday night. But he still needs to win the Esurance All-Star Game 2015 Final Vote to make it to Cincinnati. Meanwhile, Better Off Red continues stumping for their guy, Johnny Cueto. You have until 4 p.m. ET on Friday to cast your vote for the 34th and final All-Star spots in each league for the 2015 All-Star Game. There’s a case to be made for all of the candidates, so let’s hear yours! (more…)