Results tagged ‘ Bernie Brewer ’
1. Opening Day. With the first pitch of the 2016 regular season just days away, The Wayniac Nation barely can contain his excitement. TribeVibe posted a photo gallery of the preparations at Progressive Field, and in a sure sign of baseball season, Roof Report is back advising on the roof status at Minute Maid Park. The Baseball Sociologist‘s countdown to the Orioles’ opener on Monday is down to four, as THE BLOG projects what John Farrell’s lineup card will look like on Monday and The Jailhouse puts forward four names to watch for on Opening Day. Meanwhile, mascots are converging on New York City for a morning show segment, and Cait Covers the Bases has the details.
2. Breaking camp. Teams are heading home after wrapping up Cactus and Grapefruit League action, with some final exhibition matches taking place at Major League ballparks and in some interesting other locales. Phillies Insider puts a bow on the team’s time in Clearwater, while Gamer Babes from Half Moon Bay is pumped to see the boys back in SF. Friar Wire has one final address from Padres manager Andy Green in Peoria, and Rays Radio and Major League Bastian cover the latest roster moves as teams look to trim down to 25.
3. Crystal ball time. This is the time for weighing in with prognostications. The Sports Analytics and Business Group at IU runs through their picks in the American League, as Unedukated Opinions focuses on the extremely competitive AL Central. Stlcardinalsminimo looks at the various projections for the Cardinals in 2016, and Second City Sports Report lists five reasons why the Cubs will win the World Series — and five reasons they won’t.
What’s in your Three for Thursday? Tell us about it below!
- Could we be in for an all-Chicago 2016 World Series? 41phillysports thinks perhaps.
- Stlcardinalsminimo highlights the large number of free agents still unsigned.
- The A’s have found their own, unique way of rebuilding their roster, argues BBST.
- I’m Not a Headline Guy… wonders whether the Yankees have a star in Starlin Castro.
- The Giants’ busy offseason has Giants Fan Carm excited for the season to come.
- Cardinals Red Baseball reacts to reports of the Cardinals’ interest in Jake Odorizzi.
- Here’s a free agent holiday bargain bin from Zach Bernard of Call to the Bullpen.
- Tvteddy says Matt Holliday moving to first base would make a great Christmas gift.
- Hyun-jin Ryu is progressing well, but Dodger Insider still expects rotation help.
- Nine Inning Know It All recaps last week’s developments on the Hot Stove front.
- The Mariners look like a team on the rise and Blue Cord Sports credits the new GM.
- Data Designed shows which teams are getting the most WAR bang for their buck.
- Melvins front man and baseball fan Buzz Osborne sat down with Clubhouse Chatter.
- Cait Covers the Bases has pics of Bernie and Hank the Ballpark Pup spreading cheer.
- The latest edition of the Better Off Red podcast is up and ready for listening.
- Plouffe’s New Hairdo put together a top 10 list of bobbleheads he has acquired.
- Without looking it up, can you answer Baseball with Matt‘s second baseball quiz?
- Our Game has some advice for those looking to make New Year’s resolutions.