Results tagged ‘ broadcasters ’
1. Remembering Joe Garagiola. The former player and broadcaster passed away Wednesday at the age of 90. Smart Guy Sports is having trouble thinking of Garagiola in the past tense, while news of his death has All Things Ed feeling nostalgic. Dodger Insider shared a tribute from Vin Scully to his former broadcast partner, and It’s Always A Good Dre in L.A. posted some throwback photos from his broadcasting days. Cardinal Red Baseball writes that St. Louis lost a son, while Cardinal Girl wrote one of her trademark haikus for the occasion.
2. Opening Day around the corner. The regular season nearly is upon us, as preparations continue in Arizona and Florida. In Wakefield We Trust examines the good and bad from Red Sox camp, while Gamer Babes from Half Moon Bay wants to see more hitting out of the Giants’ lineup. Inside the White Sox shines the spotlight on Jose Abreu, stlcardinalsminimo looks around at the starting rotations for NL teams and A Twinternal Perspective discusses switching focus back to the Twin Cities. Not to be missed, Newberg Report has an epic one-sentence post covering quite a bit of ground.
3. National Puppy Day. In fuzzier news, Wednesday was National Puppy Day. The Baseball Sociologist looks at how the day was marked around Major League Baseball. Rollin’ with Rick PawSox looks at some similar days on the national day calendar.
- Canadian Collective looks at some Spring Training storylines for the Blue Jays.
- There’s a lot happening in Peoria, so Friar Wire recaps the latest Padres news.
- From the Corner of Edgar & Dave has an update from Day 4 of Mariners camp.
- Here are some great photos of Dodger workouts from Dodgers Photog Blog.
- Phillies Insider looks at the Spring Training position battles in Clearwater.
- Get a fan’s perspective on the Red Sox from Views From The Bleachers.
- Plouffe’s New Hairdo checks in from Arizona, where he’s already snagging balls.
- Inside the White Sox discusses signing Jimmy Rollins to a Minor League deal.
- Read Manny Machado’s comments on his future over at Britt’s Bird Watch.
- Fish Tales posted the Marlins’ Spring Training television broadcast schedule.
- These are five bold predictions for the Cubs from Second City Sports Report.
- The Canuck Cubbie is loving what Jason Heyward brings to the Cubs’ outfield.
- Don’t believe the hype on the Nationals again, argues stlcardinalsminimo.
- The Sports Mecca asks the question: What should we expect from the Braves?
- The AL Central is looking competitive. Ask Tailgate Talk and Now On Deck.
- JakeHughes.org discusses what it means to be a St. Louis Cardinals fan.
- All This Wandering Around writes about anticipation for the upcoming season.
- Who might the Yankees target next winter? Nothing But Pinstripes investigates.
- The Halo Way posted a photo gallery of the field installation at Angel Stadium.
- The 2016 Honorary Bat Girl Contest is open now and Braves Give has details.
- Gregg’s Baseball Bookcase reviews a much-awaited book on Dick Allen.
- Here’s a list of early black baseball pioneers from The Baseball Sociologist.
- Newberg Report pays tribute to Cole Hamels for his impact on the Rangers season.
- The AL Wild Card Game matchup with the Astros has The Cutoff Man‘s attention.
- I’m Not a Headline Guy doesn’t see good signs in the way the Yankees’ season ended.
- Re-live the Dodgers clinching NLDS home-field advantage with cat loves the dodgers.
- Blue Jays Musings looks ahead at John Gibbons’ possible roster for the ALDS.
- MLB.com beat writer Carrie Muskat says it was quite a season for the Chicago Cubs.
- The Canuck Cubbie thinks the North Siders are giving their fans reason to believe.
- One division had the three best records in MLB and stlcardinalsminimo is impressed.
- The Pirates will host the NL Wild Card Game as buccosreview recaps their final series.
- Phillies Phollowers was there as the Phillies won their finale to avoid 100 losses.
- Coincidentally, an early countdown to Opening Day 2016 comes from Phillies Insider.
- The reigning champs fought valiantly, but Giants Fan Carm says to cue the fat lady.
- Our Game features a guest column with 10 thoughts by MLB Network’s Elliott Kalb.
- Read this tribute to longtime Sox announcer Don Orsillo by Standing Room Only.
- Steel city ballhawk was on hand Friday night at PNC Park for another Pirates win.
- Here are postseason previews from Brien O’Raighne and The World of Sports.
1. Magic numbers shrinking. The Newberg Report might be holding out against getting caught up in magic numbers, but plenty of others are counting down to the postseason. Just Mets thinks the Amazins could benefit from a change of scenery, though their magic number keeps dropping thanks to the Orioles winning in DC. North of the border, the Blue Jays got their number into single digits with a win over the Yankees as Blue Jays Musings recaps another outstanding episode of “The StroShow.” (more…)