Results tagged ‘ Carlos Gonzalez ’
- The Cardinals got up off the canvas last night and stlcardinalsminimo approves.
- Cardinal Girl wrote one of her trademark haikus about finishing off the sweep.
- Hanley Ramirez’s three-home run game gets the Fenway Frames treatment.
- Tracy Ringolsby feels that Carlos Gonzalez fits into Colorado’s long-term plans.
- Can the Dodgers stay afloat without Clayton Kershaw, wonders thrivenationblog.
- Unfair Weather Fan asks which Francisco Liriano we’ll see in the second half.
- The Mets need to gut it out and make the postseason, argues The Metssiah.
- Subwaybaseball.com previews the weekend series between the Mets and Marlins.
- It’s been a tale of two halos in Anaheim this season, writes The Angels’ Ace.
- The Canuck Cubbie believes the Cubs are facing some serious questions.
- Despite the slow start, the Astros don’t need a trade to compete, says BBST.
- Zack Martino Sports maintains Yankee fans are ready for the team to sell.
- August 1 looms large in Toronto, points out One Flew Over the Jays nest.
- Beginner’s Luck Sports Blog has put together an MLB Underrated Team.
- The Padres opened their new Hall of Fame and The Baseball Sociologist visited.
- Fenway at Fenway posts from the Big Apple on a current ballpark road trip.
- Ken Griffey Jr. the Prankster gets the 24 Stories treatment from Edgar & Dave.
- Inside the White Sox has a throwback-themed look back at the 1970s White Sox.
- Ozzie Smith reflects on his time as a Cardinal in this video at Cardinals Insider.
- Cait Covers the Bases highlights “Specials by Series” at Miller Park this month.
1. Hot Stove still burning. Spring Training is just around the corner, but there still are moves to be made this offseason. GENY Mets takes a look at the very latest news on Yoenis Cespedes, who still is yet to sign as a free agent. Cardinal Red Baseball argues that the Redbirds would be best off trading with the Rockies for Carlos Gonzalez. As for the defending champions, Around the Horn Talk analyzes the Royals’ new approach to free agency and a couple of pitching targets.
2. Rosters rounding into shape. Cubs beat writer Carrie Muskat has quotes from manager Joe Maddon saying he doesn’t expect any more additions to the roster between now as the start of the season. Dodger Insider points out 11 of the 13 pitchers with starting experience on the Dodgers’ roster will be under 30 when Spring Training starts up next month. The lack of depth in the Yankee rotation and at a couple of key positions has I’m Not A Headline Guy… wishing for a safety net, while Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk sizes up the A’s new-look infield this season.
3. Projecting 2016. The Baseball Haven writes about the sky-high expectations in Chicago, with the Cubs projected to have another standout campaign. In the AL, one projection has the Red Sox surging to the front of the pack, and Boston’s Big Four thinks the hometown team could be close to something special. Meanwhile, could the Indians be this year’s Mets? TribeVibe would love it if that were to happen.
What’s in your Three for Thursday? Tell us about it!
- The Baseball Sociologist pays tribute to Hall of Famer Monte Irvin, who died Tuesday.
- Did you know Irvin briefly was in the Dodger organization? Dodger Insider explains.
- Cait Covers the Bases and The Angels’ Ace thank readers for making the Top 100.
- How much do sports teams mean to their fans? The Astros Ballhawk examines.
- The Winning Run asks what if the Powerball winner wanted to buy a baseball club?
- How does the outfield market look for the Tigers and Rockies, wonders Beck’s Blog.
- Vine Line Blog highlights some high praise for the Cubs’ bullpen. Do you agree?
- Were you surprised by any of the news out of Tampa Bay, shared by Rays Radio?
- The Wayniac Nation has a major question about Julio Teheran going into 2016.
- Curious what the Phils have been up to this offseason? Phillies Phollowers has that.
- Cardinal Report discusses the implications of the team signing Seung-hwan Oh.
- A recent projection bodes well for the Cubs. So how is stlcardinalsminimo taking it?
- What exactly is Joe Maddon’s “Thanksmas” dinner? Carrie Muskat explains it all.