Results tagged ‘ Carlos Martinez ’
- Dave Dombrowski did it again with the Pomeranz trade, says Cloud Nine Sports.
- Fan Interference believes the Red Sox gave up a lot in the deal, but still likes it.
- Pomeranz is going to have to perform in a tougher setting, argues SantoSports.
- MLB.com Fantasy 411 is ready for the second half with tonight’s Pitch or Ditch.
- There’s potential excitement ahead, writes Tracy Ringolsby at Write ’em Cowboy.
- A Season with the Chicago White Sox has been missing baseball and can’t wait.
- Here are some second-half predictions for the AL from Unfair Weather Fan.
- Phillies Insider highlights the challenging set of games ahead for the Phillies.
- The Yankees’ next 13 games could make or break them, says subwaybaseball.com.
- More Splash Hits welcomes reinforcements as the Giants’ schedule toughens.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the Red Sox, asks The Loyal Bostonian.
- The Grandstand identifies some prospects to watch during the second half.
- Who will be buyers and who will sell off at the deadline? Sconzo weighs in.
- Sconnie Sports Talk discusses a trade model for the Brewers centered on pitching.
- Here’s some great news on Clayton Kershaw’s rehab from Dodger Insider.
- The Unbiased MLB Fan breaks down Shelby Miller’s tale of two seasons.
- Go behind the ballpark with this great post from Inside the White Sox.
- From the Corner of Edgar & Dave kicks off 24 Stories about Ken Griffey Jr.
- See what’s on deck during this seventh Cubs homestand thanks to Vine Line.
- Cait Covers the Bases previews the Baseball Hall of Fame Tour at Miller Park.
- Get a preview of Tsunami’s Cardinals Magazine cover at Cardinals Insider.
- Have you voted and blogged about your All-Star ballot like The Unbiased MLB Fan?
- Cait Covers the Bases campaigns for the Brewers. Are you stumping for your picks?
- How easy is Carlos Martinez making it look? Pretty easy, says stlcardinalsminimo.
- Looking for great shots from Coors Field? Rockies Photo Blog has those for you.
- The Game of Redemption wonders whether the White Sox can keep this up.
- How dominant was Taijuan Walker’s last start? Ask From the Corner of Edgar & Dave.
- Will The Canuck Cubbie realize his goal and be the Cubs’ unofficial Canadian blogger?
- BBST is pumped for Wednesday’s pitching matchup. Will Verlander or Gray triumph?
- Who should you pitch or ditch for Wednesday? MLB.com Fantasy 411 is here to help.
- Youstontx points out that it’s still early and the Astros can turn things around.
- Do you collect scorecards? Then you need to see this post by Cardinals Insider.
- Around the Horn Talk chuckles at the notion that the sky is falling in Kansas City.
- How are the Tigers’ top prospects performing so far in 2016? Sons of ’84 explores.
- Philly Sports Talk takes a look at Pete Mackanin’s mission as Phillies manager.
- Is Bryce Harper doing as much for the game of baseball as Jared Young suggests?
- Mollyburkhardt asks whether it’s too early for Red Sox fans to hit the panic button.
- How has David Price fared in a Red Sox uniform? Beantown Blitz analyzes.
In a fresh post to his The Wave of Perseverance MLB.com/blog, Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez discusses his offseason workouts and what motivates him to take the next step in 2016. Tsunami also talks about his charity work, specifically a recent glove drive to help out underprivileged kids in his hometown of Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic. Make sure you’ve subscribed to his blog to get real-time updates on future posts!
On the heels of the news that his 2015 season has come to an abrupt end because of a shoulder issue, Cardinals second-year phenom Carlos Martinez took the opportunity to send a message to fans through his The Wave of Perseverance MLB Pro Blog. In the post, Martinez says he’ll be in the dugout cheering on his teammates as they look to bring the franchise a 12th World Series championship. He also talks about his charitable initiative that is looking to get gloves to underprivileged kids in his hometown in the Dominican Republic.
Sporting a new seeded-and-bracketed look, the Gillette Home Run Derby will entertain fans tonight at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN. DrewZuhoskiDaily! goes over the new format and rules, while The Rainout Blog hopes it doesn’t have any material tonight. The Cubs have two participants in Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant, so Muskat Ramblings asked their teammates who would claim bragging rights in the clubhouse. Elsewhere, Britt Ghiroli has quotes from the Orioles’ Manny Machado on his approach going into the event. (more…)
The deadline to have your say in the Esurance All-Star Game 2015 Final Vote is today at 4 p.m. ET, so if you haven’t already voted, get on it! If you missed it, Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez appealed to fans to #VoteTsunami in his MLB Pro Blog, The Wave of Perseverance, then went out and tossed 7 1/3 scoreless innings Thursday night. Meanwhile, Better Off Red is pulling out all the stops to get hometown pitcher Johnny Cueto to the All-Star Game. (more…)
As you’re undoubtedly aware, the Esurance All-Star Game 2015 Final Vote is under way, as fans have until Friday, July 10, at 4 p.m. ET to decide the 34th and final roster spots for both leagues at this summer’s Midsummer Classic. One of our own, Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez, is on the ballot! Elsewhere, Dodger Insider is leading the charge to get reigning NL MVP Clayton Kershaw to Cincinnati, while Better Off Red urges fans to #VoteCueto. In the AL, Sons of ’84 wants you to vote “Yo,” and Drinking the Royals Blue Aid is counting on another big voting performance from Kansas City fans to help out Mike Moustakas. (more…)
Thursday was Carlos Martinez Day in Fairmont City, Illinois, as the Cardinals starter stopped by Granby Park to meet youngsters and work with them on baseball skills. The player nicknamed “Tsunami” wrote about the experience in his new MLB Pro Blog, The Wave of Perseverance — complete with photos and video of the event. He also explained why this type of work is so important to him, given his upbringing. Take a look, leave Carlos a comment, and make sure you’re Following his blog so you get notifications of new posts via email!
We’re delighted to announce the latest addition to our MLB Pro Blogs family: Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez’s The Wave of Perseverance. In his third year in the big leagues, the right-hander boasts a 3-0 mark so far this season for the red-hot Redbirds, owners of the best record in baseball. Now the player nicknamed “Tsunami” is connecting with fans through his blog. Head over to see what he has to say and welcome him to our community with a comment! (more…)