Results tagged ‘ Carrie Muskat ’
- The Canuck Cubbie explains how the Cubs went downtown to end their Mets hex.
- Get postgame news and notes from Rays Radio as the team started a road trip.
- Tracy Ringolsby writes that former Twins GM Terry Ryan is a man of integrity.
- Ryan’s ouster was the result of the Twins’ lack of identity, says Curveball Sports.
- Left Field Lines wonders where the respect is for Matt Holliday in St. Louis.
- Juan Lagares should be getting more playing time, argues The Sport Mouth.
- Subwaybaseball.com takes a closer look at Mets trade target Joaquin Benoit.
- Are the A’s asking for too much for Rich Hill? BBST thinks that may be the case.
- BDSSP asks what to do with the White Sox, who suddenly are slumping.
- Revisit last week’s Home Run Derby with Cardinal Girl, who was there!
- From the Corner of Edgar & Dave looks back at The Swing as part of 24 Stories.
- Has baseball changed your life, like it did for the blogger at Sports Meets Life?
- Muskat Ramblings recaps the Davey’s Dugout kids’ visit to Wrigley Field.
- Mike Trout did a meet and greet and The Halo Way posted a photo gallery.
- Cardinals Insider was there when a special dog came to Busch Stadium.
- What famous Number 5 do you suppose The Baseball Sociologist profiled today?
- Waiting for Part 3 of Confessions of a Mariners Fan‘s Spring Training trip recap?
- Are you as excited for the new season as A Season with the Chicago White Sox?
- Muskat Ramblings posted the Cubs’ Opening Day roster. Who made the cut?
- What’s the key for the Cardinals in 2016? Stlcardinalsminimo says it’s flexibility.
- Sports Fellas looks at the defending champion Royals’ chances of a repeat.
- Can the Angels bounce back from a disappointing 2015, asks Thoughts From Scott.
- Who will win the 2016 World Series? But at the end of the day… has an idea.
- Game of Sports posted five predictions for 2016 if you like your predictions bold.
- Jeff Francoeur made the Braves’ 25-man roster and Breslanta says he earned it.
- The Wayniac Nation sizes up Rob Refsnyder’s future in the Yankees organization.
- What is better than promising prospects like the ones Gamer Babes saw in action?
- Spent addresses the issue of whether expansion is right for Major League Baseball.
- TribeVibe has images of the new scoreboard at Progressive Field if you’re curious.
- Which new Marlins Park food option previewed by On Cloud Conine looks tastiest?
- Cubs Vine Line Blog has details on the team’s “Let’s Give” community initiative.
- How did the A’s prep their complex in Mesa? Clubhouse Confidential explains.
- Wonder how baseball fields are graded? BTF Today delves into the process.
- Opening Day officially is less than a week away, as The Baseball Sociologist tells us.
- Confessions of a Mariners Fan recaps her trip to watch Cactus League baseball.
- Major League Bastian reports the Indians’ Opening Day roster is taking shape.
- The Giants’ 25-man roster is all but set now, according to More Splash Hits.
- Muskat Ramblings runs through the roster decisions facing the Cubs this week.
- It’s been a strong spring for Brewers prospects, as Minor Details explains.
- Inside the White Sox is loving the team’s power surge this spring in Arizona.
- This week’s exhibition games at Dodger Stadium have cat loves the dodgers excited.
- Sheehanhagerty barely can contain his enthusiasm for the Jays to get started.
- Is Robinson Cano set to bounce back this season? The Wayniac Nation discusses.
- Fan Interference writes that the Red Sox third base situation is Panda-monium.
- Cubs fans are anxious for the season to begin, says Chicago Sports – This Guy.
- Degenerate Fanatics shares some bold 2016 predictions ahead of Opening Day.
- Here are preseason predictions for the postseason from the nosebleed section.
- How will the NL shake out this season? Dodger Drei offers his prognostication.
- Right in Your Wheelhouse previews the Cubs’ division rivals, the Cardinals.
- The Pirates’ Ray Searage is the new Dave Duncan, if you ask stlcardinalsminimo.
- Step up to B.A.T. pays tribute to the recently departed Joe Garagiola, Sr.
- April 5 is Singles Night at Miller Park and Cait Covers the Bases has details.
- Phillies Insider Larry Shenk shares a Phanatic-related excerpt from his book.
1. St. Patrick’s Day. Everyone can use a little luck now and then, and across MLB there’s a lot of green on display today and celebrations from fans like The Canuck Cubbie. Phillies Insider shares some St. Patrick’s Day-themed Phils trivia. Speaking of trivia, did you know Jackie Robinson made his Spring Training debut with the Dodgers on this day 70 years ago?
2. Spring Training at the midway point. As The Baseball Addict informs us, we’re halfway done with Spring Training. On Cloud Conine points out something that many have yet to notice about the 2016 Marlins, while Fish On The Farm put together Marlins Spring Training power rankings. The mid-point of Phillies camp is a great time for The Zo Zone to do a roster projection with Opening Day now rapidly approaching.
3. Previews abound. Freelance Fuego examines how the Royals consistently seem to outperform expectations lately, while Sconnie Sports Talk wonders whether the Brewers might do something similar this season. The Metssiah previews the extremely competitive AL East, Carrie Muskat asks where Addison Russell will hit in the Cubs’ lineup and BBST sees 2016 as a make-or-break season for the Angels’ C.J. Cron.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday!
- Today is MLB Snapchat Day, and Dodger Insider is getting in on the action.
- The Unbiased MLB Fan examines Bryce Harper’s much-publicized comments.
- This is New School vs. Grumpy Old School according to stlcardinalsminimo.
- Carrie Muskat has an injury update on Kyle Schwarber after Thursday’s early exit.
- Go “Behind the Notes” with the A’s front office blog, Clubhouse Confidential.
- Friar Wire shares excerpts from manager Andy Green’s media address on Thursday.
- Pedro Martinez discussed David Price and 45 Miles from Fenway has the audio.
- Cardinals Insider profiles a 98-year old fan who knows her Cardinals history.
- Here are some great images of Grapefruit League action courtesy of Twins Pics.
- From the Corner of Edgar & Dave introduced a new “Zoning in on…” feature.
- See the latest photos of the Progressive Field renovations thanks to TribeVibe.
- Born on Third is making great use of MLB.com embedded highlight videos.
- Pablo Sandoval has a lot to prove after a rough 2015, writes Degenerate Fanatics.
- FreelanceFuego.com takes a look at the Orioles going into the 2016 season.
- The Giants’ homegrown infield is primed for a breakout season, says The 3rd Sister.
- Welcome back Cardinal Girl, who marks her return with some trademark haikus.
- Take a trip back in time to the standout 1963 season with Dazzy Vance Chronicles.
- Want to see some behind-the-scenes photos and video? Better Off Red has that.
- Are you as excited as The Halo Way about the first Angels Spring Training game?
- What makes Spring Training baseball so great? The Rays Way explores the appeal.
- Rays Radio has quotes from Evan Longoria. How will he and the Rays fare in 2016?
- How did Rick Sutcliffe earn a Cubs camp star? Muskat Ramblings tells the story.
- Friar Wire has the latest Padres Spring Scoop, if you want to re-live Day 6.
- Can you spot the Tommy Lasorda bobblehead over at Dodgers Photog Blog?
- Looking for videos from Mariners camp? Visit From the Corner of Edgar & Dave.
- Newberg Report explains why Cliff Lee’s short stint in Texas made such an impact.
- How do Phillies fans feel about Jimmy Rollins? Pinstripes are red still is a fan.
- BBST asks who will win the battle to serve as closer for the Astros this season.
- What does it take for a Cardinal fan like stlcardinalsminino to envy the Cubs?
- Cat Covers the Bases explains what to do if you want to be an honorary bat girl.
- Who made the cut for this year’s edition of Sons of ’84‘s Top 100 prospects list?
- Homestand Blog previews the 2016 Spring Training program if you want a peek.
- Have you heard this song about Hank Aaron shared by The Baseball Sociologist?
1. Free agents still available. We’ve seen some very high-profile signings so far, but there still are big names unsigned for 2016. Roman report looks at possible destinations for Ian Desmond, while I’m Not A Headline Guy… highlights some moves the Yankees might still make. In his Justice4U blog, MLB.com’s Richard Justice says this is where smart teams can do themselves a big favor with savvy shopping. If that’s not enough, Diamond Talk gazes into the crystal ball at next winter’s crop of free agents.
2. Counting down to baseball. As Phillies Insider points out, we’re just three weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting to camp in Arizona and Florida. Now’s the time to start thinking about tickets, like Cardinals Red Baseball. And if ballpark food is on your brain, The Baseball Sociologist writes about a Minor League club’s call for fan food suggestions.
3. Getting historical. Hopefully you’ve been enjoying David Voigt’s excellent History of Baseball series on Official MLB Historian John Thorn’s Our Game blog. Part 8 is up now, covering the post-war and expansion eras. Carrie Muskat discusses an upcoming MLB Network documentary on legendary Cubs broadcaster Harry Caray, while Cardinals Insider introduces the new Redbird Relics artifacts for fans. For some more recent history, On Cloud Conine revisits the time the Marlins ran out of catchers in the second inning.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday in the comments below!
1. Hot Stove still burning. Spring Training is just around the corner, but there still are moves to be made this offseason. GENY Mets takes a look at the very latest news on Yoenis Cespedes, who still is yet to sign as a free agent. Cardinal Red Baseball argues that the Redbirds would be best off trading with the Rockies for Carlos Gonzalez. As for the defending champions, Around the Horn Talk analyzes the Royals’ new approach to free agency and a couple of pitching targets.
2. Rosters rounding into shape. Cubs beat writer Carrie Muskat has quotes from manager Joe Maddon saying he doesn’t expect any more additions to the roster between now as the start of the season. Dodger Insider points out 11 of the 13 pitchers with starting experience on the Dodgers’ roster will be under 30 when Spring Training starts up next month. The lack of depth in the Yankee rotation and at a couple of key positions has I’m Not A Headline Guy… wishing for a safety net, while Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk sizes up the A’s new-look infield this season.
3. Projecting 2016. The Baseball Haven writes about the sky-high expectations in Chicago, with the Cubs projected to have another standout campaign. In the AL, one projection has the Red Sox surging to the front of the pack, and Boston’s Big Four thinks the hometown team could be close to something special. Meanwhile, could the Indians be this year’s Mets? TribeVibe would love it if that were to happen.
What’s in your Three for Thursday? Tell us about it!
- The Baseball Sociologist pays tribute to Hall of Famer Monte Irvin, who died Tuesday.
- Did you know Irvin briefly was in the Dodger organization? Dodger Insider explains.
- Cait Covers the Bases and The Angels’ Ace thank readers for making the Top 100.
- How much do sports teams mean to their fans? The Astros Ballhawk examines.
- The Winning Run asks what if the Powerball winner wanted to buy a baseball club?
- How does the outfield market look for the Tigers and Rockies, wonders Beck’s Blog.
- Vine Line Blog highlights some high praise for the Cubs’ bullpen. Do you agree?
- Were you surprised by any of the news out of Tampa Bay, shared by Rays Radio?
- The Wayniac Nation has a major question about Julio Teheran going into 2016.
- Curious what the Phils have been up to this offseason? Phillies Phollowers has that.
- Cardinal Report discusses the implications of the team signing Seung-hwan Oh.
- A recent projection bodes well for the Cubs. So how is stlcardinalsminimo taking it?
- What exactly is Joe Maddon’s “Thanksmas” dinner? Carrie Muskat explains it all.