Results tagged ‘ community ’
- Dodger Insider is running out of superlatives to describe Clayton Kershaw.
- See photos of the game over at Jon SooHoo’s excellent Dodgers Photog Blog.
- Sometimes dreams really do come true, cat loves the dodgers is happy to report.
- BBST declares that strikeouts are sexy and record breaker Max Scherzer knows it.
- There have been some recurring themes for the Giants, writes Gamer Babes.
- The Cutoff Man explains how tack-on runs kept Aroldis Chapman in the bullpen.
- The Cardinals swept the Angels and Cardinal Girl celebrated it with a haiku.
- Joe Girardi isn’t to blame for the Yankees’ slow start, argues subwaybaseball.com.
- Phillies Insider is happy the Phillies are home — and won by more than one run!
- Who is the most underappreciated MLB player? The Unbiased MLB Fan explores.
- TribeVibe posted a photo gallery of Indians players and staff renovating a field.
- Ron Kittle tried his hand at cricket yesterday and Inside the White Sox has photos.
- Take Time For Paradise shared a great image of a young fan at the Hall of Fame.
1. The Todd Frazier trade. The All-Star third baseman — and reigning Home Run Derby champion — was traded to the White Sox on Wednesday in a three-team deal, and Call to the Bullpen has three takeaways from the move. The Baseball Stat Guy writes that Christmas has come early to the South Side of Chicago, while Dodger Insider points out the commitment the team has made to Justin Turner by opting for prospects over Frazier. As for Cincinnati, Queen City Beer League sees this as the first offseason domino to fall in the Reds’ rebuild.
2. Looking ahead. Coastal Grooves isn’t alone in missing baseball this time of year, but there’s plenty of Hot Stove action to keep us warm over the winter. One Flew Over the Jays nest is awaiting a big offseason move from the AL East champions and dumpthedh questions some of the things Mets fans are saying about Yoenis Cespedes. The Jake McDonnell Sports Blog projects the Orioles’ lineup and rotation would look like if the season started today, while Just Mets looks at who are the favorites to win the 2016 World Series.
3. Holiday season. We’re a week out from Christmas, and if you’re still looking for a gift for a Brewers fan, Cait Covers the Bases has details on a big sale this Sunday at the Brewers Team Store at Miller Park. The Halo Way has photos and video from the 2015 Angels Baseball Foundation Children’s Holiday Party. As we prepare to turn the calendar to 2016, It’s Always A Good Dre in L.A. sends out season’s greetings and looks back at The Ravine Life in 2015.
What’s in your Three for Thursday? Tell us with a comment below!
- Who are the big Winter Meetings winners so far? The Wayniac Nation weighs in.
- The Baseball Continuum rounds up the best of Winter Meetings Day 2 from Twitter.
- Are you looking forward to seeings how Day 3 unfolds like stlcardinalsminimo is?
- Did you expect Ben Zobrist to end up a Cub, as Vine Line Blog proudly announced?
- GENY Mets asks where to from here for the Amazins after the announcement.
- Was missing out on Zobrist a blessing in disguise like Metsin’ Around believes?
- The Distinguished Grizzly thinks it’s looking like a very merry Cubbie Christmas.
- Take a trip back in time to the Trade Deadline with THE REAL CUBS FAN.
- A blog (mainly) about Dutch baseball asks what’s next for the Yankees after Castro.
- The Unbiased MLB Fan analyzes what getting Shelby Miller means for the D-backs.
- Trying to get a handle on that deal? Call to the Bullpen offers three takeaways.
- Meanwhile, Forget the Protocol offers up a statistical analysis of the move.
- The Morning Biscuit wonders what if Jose Fernandez is the next Mark Prior?
- How is cat loves the dodgers handling waiting for big Dodger Hot Stove news?
- What’s happening with Chris Davis? Britt’s Bird Watch is here with an update.
- From the Corner of Edgar & Dave has the latest on the Mariners from Nashville.
- Were you as surprised as Around the Horn Talk with the Mariners-Red Sox trade?
- Looking for a different take on the Wade Miley trade? Enter Seatown Mariners.
- Balls and Strikes attempts to go inside the mind of Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto.
- Red Whitey and Lou guesses how Twitter would react to Jason Heyward re-signing.
- How does Aramis Ramirez’s case for the Hall of Fame look? Sons of ’84 explores.
- The young entrepreneurs highlighted by Dodger Insider could go on to big things.
- What better example of the holiday spirit than this latest post from Braves Give?
As Mid-South Sports Blog points out, the new format for the Gillette Home Run Derby proved quite a hit. The Miller Sport Update honored the victorious “Toddfather,” and Better Off Red posted a number of great videos from the Derby. Dodger Insider was impressed by rookie runner-up Joc Pederson, while Sam’s Sports Blog highlighted Albert Pujols for providing the most touching moment of the evening. (more…)
Thursday was Carlos Martinez Day in Fairmont City, Illinois, as the Cardinals starter stopped by Granby Park to meet youngsters and work with them on baseball skills. The player nicknamed “Tsunami” wrote about the experience in his new MLB Pro Blog, The Wave of Perseverance — complete with photos and video of the event. He also explained why this type of work is so important to him, given his upbringing. Take a look, leave Carlos a comment, and make sure you’re Following his blog so you get notifications of new posts via email!