Results tagged ‘ Cy Young Award ’
- Is there something to the Cubs’ superstitions? The Canuck Cubbie explores.
- Dodger Insider tries to put the Dodgers’ NL West comeback in perspective.
- The Giants’ post-All-Star Break slide has left Gamer Babes very puzzled.
- Should Brandon Crawford write a thank-you note like More Splash Hits argues?
- BBST questions whether the A’s have properly managed Sonny Gray’s health.
- Might Prince Fielder’s career be over? The Cola examines the possibility.
- Lucas Frankel Sports looks at Alex Rodriguez’s résumé for Monument Park.
- How is Joe Girardi managing the A-Rod situation? The Cutoff Man explains.
- Vlad4MVP wonders who will win the Cy Young races in both leagues this fall.
- Will a division race decide an award like The Game of Redemption believes?
- Mullanysportsblog gazes into the Blue Jays’ 2017 free agency crystal ball.
- How will Tim Tebow fare at baseball? Bleacher Boy captured some reactions.
- What did it mean to The Kid to have his number retired? Edgar & Dave has that
- Cait Covers the Bases shares updated Brewers walk-up music, if you’re curious.
- What Olympic sports would Indians players be good at? TribeVibe has ideas.
- MLB.com Fantasy 411 put together a Pitch or Ditch if you need help today.
1. Awards Season rolls on. The Unbiased MLB Fan looks at the tough Cy Young decisions that went the way of Dallas Keuchel and Jake Arrieta. Cubs Vine Line Blog paid tribute to their ace, who became the fifth Cubs pitcher to win the award. Carrie Muskat compiled some of the reactions to the announcement, while The Bears and Their Cubs is loving the Cubs’ sweep of Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year and the Cy Young Award in the NL. Dodger Insider highlights the outstanding seasons by Zack Greinke and Clayton Kershaw, who came up just short in the voting. In the AL, Tblaze Sports Report lays out the case for why the voters went with Keuchel.
2. Hot Stove. Sons of ’84 processes the Tigers’ trade for Francisco Rodriguez, and MLB.com beat writer Jason Beck explains how new GM Al Avila’s search for a new closer landed him K-Rod. Call to the Bullpen hopes this move works out better than the Tigers’ previous ones involving closers. A View from the Bench notes that players who parlay big stolen base numbers into big free agent deals often see a decline in those numbers. GENY Mets wonders if we’ve seen the last of Ruben Tejada in a Mets uniform, as A blog (mainly) about Dutch baseball doesn’t expect to see the Yankees spend big this winter, as they focus on homegrown talent.
3. Staffing decisions. The Dodgers reportedly are nearing a decision on their new manager, and It’s Always A Good Dre in L.A. can’t wait to see who the next skipper is. MLB.com Angels beat writer Alden Gonzalez updates the holdovers and the changes on the Angels’ coaching staff and in their front office. From the Corner of Edgar & Dave unveils a face familiar to baseball fans as the organization’s new AAA hitting coach, and Dodger Insider profiles award-winning minor league coach John Shoemaker.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday below!
- Were you as impressed as Vine Line with the job Joe Maddon did this season?
- Who do you like for the Cy Young awards? Sports with Uncle Leary shares his picks.
- Tom Singer wonders whether the Pirates’ success is being taken for granted now.
- The 2016 season will be David Ortiz’s last. Smirfitts Speech processes the news.
- Boston’s Big Four really wants to see a meaningful final season for Big Papi.
- Do you agree with Know Hitter that the Mariners already have improved this month?
- Sports with Neil and friends thinks a trade confirms the Mariners’ new identity.
- The offseason moves have Confessions of a Mariners Fan excited for the new season.
- Should the Mets pursue these free agents identified as good fits by Metsin’ Around?
- Stlcardinalsminimo examines the never-ending question of prospects and free agents.
- What does the Craig Kimbrel trade mean for the Rays? Rays Radio chimes in.
- Gamer Babes from Half Moon Bay seems happy with Brandon Crawford’s new deal.
- How did the Tigers’ Top 10 prospects fare this season? Sons of ’84 takes a look.
- Did DGnUSA eventually get to watch the Mets’ postseason run totally unspoiled?
- Can you top this New York baseball trip this past season by A’s bat boy Austin Ginn?
- Dazzy Vance Chronicles has Tommy Lasorda’s 1965 scouting report on Tom Seaver.
- Looking for the third part of Our Game‘s series on baseball’s greatest illustration art?
- How excited must the kids have been to meet Felix Hernandez and Clayton Kershaw?
- The Canuck Cubbie says all was right at Wrigley Field as the Cubs took Game 3.
- The hosts blasted six home runs and Born on Third shares video of the blasts.
- Come Away to the Darkness declared a Blue October after the Royals’ comeback.
- Despite the heartbreak for the Astros, it’s not over yet, warns Epicurus’ Dojo.
- CHIPALATTA thinks the Astros are overdue for some postseason good fortune.
- Bats and managing are behind the Jays’ turnaround, writes Blue Jays Musings.
- Newberg Report has an updated nine things ahead of the decisive Game 5.
- The Mets served the best kind of revenge on the Dodgers according to Just Mets.
- We Gotta Believe! recaps an energizing win for the hosts at a frenzied Citi Field.
- Two out of three ain’t good for the Dodgers, as Dodger Insider points out.
- Dugout Diary by Joe Boesch agrees with the decision to suspend Chase Utley.
- Jake Arrieta will win the NY Cy Young if The Unbiased MLB Fan has his way.
- The Sports Buster has some predictions for the upcoming awards season.
- Revisit some of the best Astros mullets thanks to A View From The Bench.
- Braves Give has photos and the story from Citizenship Day at Turner Field.
Share your Tuesday Takeaway with a comment below!
In his previous blog post, Giants first baseman and MLB Pro Blogger Brandon Belt asked his readers to submit questions. They did, and he answered those reader questions in his most recent post in his Brandon and Brandon blog. Find out what he typically talks to baserunners about at first base and which teammates he pals around with. Definitely follow their blog if you aren’t already doing so! (more…)