Results tagged ‘ Dallas Keuchel ’
- Southside Cub thinks Tuesday night’s game in Cincinnati was a weird one. Agree?
- Were you as amazed at Joe Maddon’s managing last night as The Canuck Cubbie?
- How wild was Jose Urías Tuesday night? Dodger Insider puts it in perspective.
- What extraordinary thing did the Marlins’ infield do? On Cloud Conine explains.
- Curly W Live profiles Lucas Giolito, if you want to learn more about the rookie.
- How many trends did last night’s Phillies victory end? Phillies Insider explores.
- Jamey Newberg isn’t writing in his Newberg Report blog today — or is he?
- Fan Interference asks if the Red Sox slump is going to cost John Farrell his job.
- Want to see photos from the fifth Red Sox homestand, thanks to Fenway Frames?
- Project Left Bench wonders whether anyone can turn around the Pirates.
- Who is baseball’s top player to build around. Check Down Sports has an idea…
- MLB Reports looks at where the Cardinals would be without Matt Carpenter.
- What does the current Padres homestand hold in store? Friar Wire has details.
- OSports Blog wants to know what has happened to the Astros’ staff ace.
- Looking for fantasy pitching advice today? MLB.com Fantasy 411 is here to help.
- At the Buzzer shares a recommended All-Star Ballot. Have you voted?
- A Season with the Chicago White Sox recaps a great Battle of the Sox in Boston.
- The bottom of the ninth saw history repeat itself, writes Inside the White Sox.
- Stlcardinalsminimo says the Cardinals were able to man up at Wrigley Field.
- The Cubs made rookie mistakes, but The Canuck Cubbie isn’t too bothered.
- See Clayton Kershaw’s latest gem through the lens at Dodgers Photog Blog.
- Dodger Insider highlights Kenley Jansen breaking the franchise save record.
- The Dodgers seem to have turned the corner according to cat loves the dodgers.
- Socks Girl revisits Week 11 of the regular season in her wide-ranging recap.
- Josh Donaldson was named AL Player of the Week and Alyssa Cohen celebrates.
- More Splash Hits believes the Giants’ upcoming schedule just got easier.
- Here’s a summer solstice-themed piece on the Rangers from Newberg Report.
- Beyond the X’s and O’s looks at the frustration in Flushing this season.
- The Price is almost right in Boston at this point, claims The Loyal Bostonian.
- The Joe Show asks the question: what is wrong with Giancarlo Stanton?
- The White Sox erred with James Shields, argues The Game of Redemption.
- The Wayniac Nation identifies the Marlins’ Cody Poteet as one to watch.
- Where could Joey Bats land this winter? Tblazesportingnews explores.
- Thrivenationblog analyzes Dallas Keuchel’s nightmarish 2016 season so far.
- The Mariners and Cardinals are turning back the clock to 1984 this weekend.
1. Awards Season rolls on. The Unbiased MLB Fan looks at the tough Cy Young decisions that went the way of Dallas Keuchel and Jake Arrieta. Cubs Vine Line Blog paid tribute to their ace, who became the fifth Cubs pitcher to win the award. Carrie Muskat compiled some of the reactions to the announcement, while The Bears and Their Cubs is loving the Cubs’ sweep of Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year and the Cy Young Award in the NL. Dodger Insider highlights the outstanding seasons by Zack Greinke and Clayton Kershaw, who came up just short in the voting. In the AL, Tblaze Sports Report lays out the case for why the voters went with Keuchel.
2. Hot Stove. Sons of ’84 processes the Tigers’ trade for Francisco Rodriguez, and MLB.com beat writer Jason Beck explains how new GM Al Avila’s search for a new closer landed him K-Rod. Call to the Bullpen hopes this move works out better than the Tigers’ previous ones involving closers. A View from the Bench notes that players who parlay big stolen base numbers into big free agent deals often see a decline in those numbers. GENY Mets wonders if we’ve seen the last of Ruben Tejada in a Mets uniform, as A blog (mainly) about Dutch baseball doesn’t expect to see the Yankees spend big this winter, as they focus on homegrown talent.
3. Staffing decisions. The Dodgers reportedly are nearing a decision on their new manager, and It’s Always A Good Dre in L.A. can’t wait to see who the next skipper is. MLB.com Angels beat writer Alden Gonzalez updates the holdovers and the changes on the Angels’ coaching staff and in their front office. From the Corner of Edgar & Dave unveils a face familiar to baseball fans as the organization’s new AAA hitting coach, and Dodger Insider profiles award-winning minor league coach John Shoemaker.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday below!