Results tagged ‘ Gonzo and ‘The Show’ ’
- Wrestling Sports put together a list of his top five favorite MLB players to watch.
- Here’s a reaction to the Rockies-Rays trade from Daniel Satter Sport Talk.
- Better Off Red shares Marty Brennaman’s recap of Day One of Reds Caravan.
- SoxFest is happening this weekend and Inside the White Sox has all the details.
- TribeVibe posted a photo gallery from a recent player-organized mini-camp.
- How will the AL East shake out this season? Fustor for the People has an idea.
- Stlcardinalsminimo‘s Organizational Review series continues with the Pirates.
- Is it World Series or bust for the Mets in 2016? After the Buzzer Sports says yes.
- Beat writer Alden Gonzalez made an early prediction for the Angels’ depth chart.
- Get ready with “Brewers by the (Jersey) Numbers” from The Brewer Nation.
- Dodger Insider talks about a possible tribute to Vin Scully at Dodger Stadium.
- The Brewers’ new Spring Training look gets a reveal from Cait Covers the Bases.
- The Baseball Sociologist revisits the very first Hall of Fame election 80 years ago.
- Part 9 of David Voigt’s “History of Baseball” series is up now over at Our Game.
- Dazzy Vance Chronicles says goodbye to former player Walt “No Neck” Williams.
1. Awards Season rolls on. The Unbiased MLB Fan looks at the tough Cy Young decisions that went the way of Dallas Keuchel and Jake Arrieta. Cubs Vine Line Blog paid tribute to their ace, who became the fifth Cubs pitcher to win the award. Carrie Muskat compiled some of the reactions to the announcement, while The Bears and Their Cubs is loving the Cubs’ sweep of Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year and the Cy Young Award in the NL. Dodger Insider highlights the outstanding seasons by Zack Greinke and Clayton Kershaw, who came up just short in the voting. In the AL, Tblaze Sports Report lays out the case for why the voters went with Keuchel.
2. Hot Stove. Sons of ’84 processes the Tigers’ trade for Francisco Rodriguez, and MLB.com beat writer Jason Beck explains how new GM Al Avila’s search for a new closer landed him K-Rod. Call to the Bullpen hopes this move works out better than the Tigers’ previous ones involving closers. A View from the Bench notes that players who parlay big stolen base numbers into big free agent deals often see a decline in those numbers. GENY Mets wonders if we’ve seen the last of Ruben Tejada in a Mets uniform, as A blog (mainly) about Dutch baseball doesn’t expect to see the Yankees spend big this winter, as they focus on homegrown talent.
3. Staffing decisions. The Dodgers reportedly are nearing a decision on their new manager, and It’s Always A Good Dre in L.A. can’t wait to see who the next skipper is. MLB.com Angels beat writer Alden Gonzalez updates the holdovers and the changes on the Angels’ coaching staff and in their front office. From the Corner of Edgar & Dave unveils a face familiar to baseball fans as the organization’s new AAA hitting coach, and Dodger Insider profiles award-winning minor league coach John Shoemaker.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday below!