Results tagged ‘ Greg Johns ’
- The Baseball Sociologist‘s Opening Day countdown has reached “Play Ball!”
- There’s just nothing like Opening Day according to More Walk, Less Talk.
- The Canuck Cubbie can’t wait to see what Wrigley Field is like this season.
- Here are some thoughts on life and Opening Day from Mistake at the Jake.
- Super Dave’s Basement plans on covering the 2016 season like a mad man.
- Revisit some past openers with Dodger Drei from It’s Always A Good Dre in L.A.
- Dugout Diary by Joe Boesch penned an Opening Day essay for the occasion.
- It’s time for the first Pitch or Ditch of 2016 from the gurus at MLB.com Fantasy 411.
- Cait Covers the Bases has Brewers players and staff welcoming fans to the season.
- The Cardinals opened with a loss in Pittsburgh and Cardinal Girl has a haiku.
- Stlcardinalsminimo provides a little perspective for Cardinals fans for the season.
- Good vibes abound with the White Sox right now, writes Inside the White Sox.
- The Cutoff Man says let’s get it started as the Yankees begin the quest for 28.
- Take a look back at some recent Dodger road openers with Dodger Insider.
- Gordon Edes reassures Red Sox fans that David Price cares as much as they do.
- There are a whopping 13 newcomers on the Mariners’ roster, notes Greg Johns.
- A View From The Bench asks whether “next year” finally is here for the Cubs.
- Here are some “predictions sure to to wrong,” courtesy of The Winning Run.
- Low n’ Away takes a stab at predicting how the American League will shake out.
Tell us your thoughts and link to your Opening Day post in the comments below!
- Free agent Johnny Cueto signed with the Giants and Daniel Satter Sport Talk reacts.
- The Baseball Stat Guy says the Giants answered the D-backs inking Zack Greinke.
- According to stlcardinalsminimo, San Francisco isn’t likely to get their money’s worth.
- With the Dodgers missing out on Cueto, cat loves the dodgers wonders what now.
- Over at Dodger Insider, Jon Weisman warns against writing off the Dodgers just yet.
- Here are some Hot Stove reflections from Women Who Love Cardinals Baseball.
- GENY Mets explains why the Yoenis Cespedes phase is now over for the Mets.
- David Price’s uniform number inspired Teddy’s Ballgame to talk best numbers ever.
- Around the Horn Talk really wants to see the Indians trade for Todd Frazier.
- Jerry Dipoto has been busy. Mariners Musings has a list of all his roster moves.
- The Morning Biscuit wonders whether the Cubs are the new Evil Empire.
- With Pete Rose’s ban remaining in place, Bleacher Boy thinks his fate is sealed.
- Sons of ’84 makes the Hall of Fame case for Tigers legend Alan Trammell.
- MLB.com’s Tom Singer shares his Hall of Fame ballot over at Change for a Nickel.
- MLB is planning a goodwill tour of Cuba and Murray Cook has all the details.
- The Winning Run talks about the recommendation of expanded nets at ballparks.
- Official MLB historian John Thorn wishes you a Merry Winter Solstice.
- Better Off Red proudly introduces The Umpteen Days of Christmas for Reds fans.
- TribeVibe wishes you happy holidays from the Indians Community Impact Team.
- Here are some signs of the 2016 All-Star Game, courtesy of Cool San Diego Sights!
- Baseball with Matt looks at some of the interesting nicknames of Hall of Famers.
- Are you underappreciating the 1995 Braves? The Wayniac Nation believes so.
Tell us about your Tuesday Takeaways in the comments below!
1. Winter Meetings in home stretch. Day 3 of Winter Meetings saw the Phillies trade Ken Giles to Houston for prospects, and MLB.com’s Richard Justice writes in his Justice4U blog that the hard-throwing closer is exactly what the Astros need. Just Mets says the deal that saw the Mets get their second baseman in Neil Walker from the Pirates in exchange for Jon Niese makes a lot of sense for both clubs. From the Corner of Edgar & Dave welcomes new Mariner Adam Lind to Seattle, while Unlocking the Keys looks at what the Orioles organization is looking to do this winter. Indians beat writer Jordan Bastian checked in with an update from Music City and Baseball with Matt revisits a blockbuster Winter Meetings deal from the past.
2. The Rule 5 Draft. Thursday morning brought the Rule 5 Draft, and Sons of ’84 has a good primer on this important event. Britt’s Bird Watch reports on the Orioles’ selection of Joey Rickard, while Mariners Musings discusses the relief arm the Mariners added. The Royals saw three prospects taken in the draft, and Drinking the Royals Blue Aid looks at the one who got away.
3. Seasons’ greetings. Braves Give explains how the team’s staff members are helping keep holiday spirit alive in Braves Country. The Brewers and Meijer teamed up to spread cheer to underprivileged kids, and Cait Covers the Bases has a photo gallery. If you’re still looking for a great gift for the baseball fan in your life, Beck’s Blog has the low-down on TigerFest tickets going on sale and TribeVibe shares the latest specials from the Progressive Field Team Shop.