Results tagged ‘ Jacob deGrom ’
- The Cubs couldn’t solve Cole Hamels on Sunday, notes The Canuck Cubbie.
- Inside the White Sox has quotes from Carson Fulmer after his MLB debut.
- Solid pitching helped the Yankees avoid a sweep, as The Cutoff Man recaps.
- Gamer Babes remains philosophical after the Giants were swept in San Diego.
- The Dodgers’ big comeback fell short, but Dodger Insider found a silver lining.
- The Metssiah says thank God for deGrom as the Mets took the series in Philly.
- Despite it all, the Mets are in a decent position, argues The Sports Mecca.
- Phillies Phollowers posted some of her photos from the Mets-Phils series finale.
- Heat waves and heart break for Zach Eflin inspired Phils Weather‘s post.
- The Halo Way shared a photo gallery as the Angels swept the White Sox.
- Should the Tigers trade Justin Verlander? It makes sense to Cameron Billes.
- I’m Not a Headline Guy… makes the case for the Yankees selling this month.
- David Dahl could be called up soon and The Wayniac Nation is excited.
- MLB.com Fantasy 411 doled out Pitch or Ditch advice for Monday’s games.
- Mike Mussina belongs in Cooperstown according to The Forty Forty Club.
- John Thorn’s Our Game published a 2014 essay on overcoming adversity.
- Read about the Cardinals’ #Made4theBest video contest at Cardinals Insider.
- From the Corner of Edgar & Dave has a photographic edition of 24 Stories.
- Giancarlo Stanton dominated the Home Run Derby, as Cloud Nine Sports recaps.
- Dodgers Photog Blog and SF Giants Photos posted images from Petco Park.
- Chris Sale starts for the AL tonight, and Inside the White Sox discusses the honor.
- More Splash Hits notes the good omen when a Giant starts the All-Star Game.
- Re-live this Mets All-Star memory of Jacob deGrom with subwaybaseball.com.
- Joeschlabotnikfanclub weighs in on the All-Star fan selections for the NL.
- Miguel Cabrera represents the Tigers in San Diego and Tigers Forever loves it.
- Phillies Insider highlights Odubel Herrera and some Phillies All-Star “lasts.”
- Here are some midseason MLB awards, courtesy of Beyond the X’s and O’s.
- The MLB.com Fantasy 411 gurus identify some surprises and disappointments.
- There were some positives to the A’s rough first half, argues Jen Rainwater.
- Matt Fassnacht Sports calls for fans to believe in Pirates GM Neal Huntington.
- Let new GM Dave Dombrowski do his job in Boston, pleads Molly Burkhardt.
- Sportsbard asks whether this Cubs team has been built for October baseball.
- Here are five teams poised to make playoff runs, according to The Grandstand.
- Cheap Seat Chirps believes that it’s time to start watching the Phillies again.
- Mariners prospect Tyler O’Neill certainly has impressed The Wayniac Nation.
- Cat loves the dodgers shares her ballpark experience at Dodger Stadium.
- This is some high praise for the Zack Cozart bobblehead from Better Off Red.
1. That Seventh Inning. Blue Jays Musings wrote that “you will remember where you were when the game happened.” An unforgettable 53-minute seventh inning — recapped very nicely by The Armchair All-Americans — propelled the Blue Jays to the ALCS. Jose Bautista’s bat flip has people talking, and Thayer’s Thoughts approved of the move. As Cozy Comfy Home discusses Blue Jays Fever spreading across Canada, The Pete Sports Beat asks if the interruption caused by fans at Rogers Centre played a role in the outcome. Despite the tough loss, Newberg Report remains proud of the Rangers and thoroughly enjoyed the 2015 season, while dfwsportsreport is looking forward to bright future in Texas.
2. Royals back to the ALCS. The defending American League champions will play to defend their title after the Royals rode Johnny Cueto to a win in Game 5 of the ALDS against the Astros. Drinking the Royals Blue Aid says Cueto picked a fine time to throw his best game in a Royals uniform. Even after enduring the heartbreak of Game 4 and the disappointment in the series decider, CHIPALATTA writes that it has been a fantastic ride for the Astros this season. The ALCS matchup now provides The Distinguished Grizzly with the AL rivalry he wants to see.
3. Pitching showdown in Game 5 in LA. If you love pitching, the decisive NLDS game between the Mets and Dodgers has a pitching matchup you’re going to love. Dodger Insider writes that their starter, Zack Greinke, has complex thoughts, but a simple approach. On the other side, Just Mets is excited to see young Jacob deGrom get his moment when he takes the mound for the visitors. Cait and Cleats talks herself through a gameday panic attack with the help of some animated GIFs, and cat loves the dodgers says that the unbelievable has happened.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday!
1. The Midsummer Classic. The American League grabbed bragging rights with a 6-3 win in the 2015 All-Star Game in Cincinnati. The game’s MVP, Mike Trout, continued to amaze CassidySportsMyTake, while Drinking the Royals Blue Aid was glad to see the Royals’ All-Stars perform well after all the attention they attracted during the fan voting. Jacob deGrom opened some eyes with a dominant performance, much to the delight of Metsin’ Around, and Jerry’s World looked at the remarkable capper on a memorable week for Brian Dozier, who homered in his first All-Star Game at-bat. MiLB.com’s PROSPECTive Blog revisited some All-Stars’ Minor League days with excellent photos from yesteryear. (more…)