Results tagged ‘ Jake Arrieta ’
- Cast your All-Star ballot and stump for your guys like Dodger Insider is doing!
- Above the Mendoza recaps a hugely successful weekend in Atlanta for the Mets.
- Kenta Maeda’s strong start to 2016 hasn’t escaped the attention of Tracy Ringolsby.
- The Canuck Cubbie enjoyed seeing Anthony Rizzo go deep twice on Sunday.
- Game 17 was when blisters popped and bullpens stretched, writes Jason Beck.
- Giants Fan Carm says that despite not sweeping, slow and steady wins the race.
- Here are three stars from a victorious weekend, courtesy of Phillies Insider.
- Rays Radio has postgame notes following the home run barrage in the Bronx.
- The home run ball cost the Yankees a shot at a sweep, laments The Cutoff Man.
- The Athenian Print marvels at Jake Arrieta’s no-hitter over the weekend.
- Walt Whitman, baseball scribe? Our Game explores the poet and the game.
- The Baseball Sociologist revisits when Rick Monday saved an American flag.
- Go back 22 years to when Kenny Rogers was perfect with Newberg Report.
- Blind Baseball Perspective wants to see MLB expand to 32 teams and re-align.
- What’s it like taking a toddler to a game for the first time? Ask spit up and sit ups.
- Cardinals Insider highlights some of the barbecue options at Busch Stadium.
1. Awards Season rolls on. The Unbiased MLB Fan looks at the tough Cy Young decisions that went the way of Dallas Keuchel and Jake Arrieta. Cubs Vine Line Blog paid tribute to their ace, who became the fifth Cubs pitcher to win the award. Carrie Muskat compiled some of the reactions to the announcement, while The Bears and Their Cubs is loving the Cubs’ sweep of Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year and the Cy Young Award in the NL. Dodger Insider highlights the outstanding seasons by Zack Greinke and Clayton Kershaw, who came up just short in the voting. In the AL, Tblaze Sports Report lays out the case for why the voters went with Keuchel.
2. Hot Stove. Sons of ’84 processes the Tigers’ trade for Francisco Rodriguez, and MLB.com beat writer Jason Beck explains how new GM Al Avila’s search for a new closer landed him K-Rod. Call to the Bullpen hopes this move works out better than the Tigers’ previous ones involving closers. A View from the Bench notes that players who parlay big stolen base numbers into big free agent deals often see a decline in those numbers. GENY Mets wonders if we’ve seen the last of Ruben Tejada in a Mets uniform, as A blog (mainly) about Dutch baseball doesn’t expect to see the Yankees spend big this winter, as they focus on homegrown talent.
3. Staffing decisions. The Dodgers reportedly are nearing a decision on their new manager, and It’s Always A Good Dre in L.A. can’t wait to see who the next skipper is. MLB.com Angels beat writer Alden Gonzalez updates the holdovers and the changes on the Angels’ coaching staff and in their front office. From the Corner of Edgar & Dave unveils a face familiar to baseball fans as the organization’s new AAA hitting coach, and Dodger Insider profiles award-winning minor league coach John Shoemaker.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday below!
- The Canuck Cubbie says all was right at Wrigley Field as the Cubs took Game 3.
- The hosts blasted six home runs and Born on Third shares video of the blasts.
- Come Away to the Darkness declared a Blue October after the Royals’ comeback.
- Despite the heartbreak for the Astros, it’s not over yet, warns Epicurus’ Dojo.
- CHIPALATTA thinks the Astros are overdue for some postseason good fortune.
- Bats and managing are behind the Jays’ turnaround, writes Blue Jays Musings.
- Newberg Report has an updated nine things ahead of the decisive Game 5.
- The Mets served the best kind of revenge on the Dodgers according to Just Mets.
- We Gotta Believe! recaps an energizing win for the hosts at a frenzied Citi Field.
- Two out of three ain’t good for the Dodgers, as Dodger Insider points out.
- Dugout Diary by Joe Boesch agrees with the decision to suspend Chase Utley.
- Jake Arrieta will win the NY Cy Young if The Unbiased MLB Fan has his way.
- The Sports Buster has some predictions for the upcoming awards season.
- Revisit some of the best Astros mullets thanks to A View From The Bench.
- Braves Give has photos and the story from Citizenship Day at Turner Field.
Share your Tuesday Takeaway with a comment below!
1. High-stakes Subway Series. The most important Subway Series in quite a while looms this weekend in Flushing as both teams come in with the postseason firmly in their sights. The Cutoff Man explains how it’s a unique situation for the Yankees, who get to make a pit stop in New York and sleep in their own beds while on a road trip. The Sports Mecca looks at a city divided, while We Gotta Believe! has an important reminder for Amazins fans. (more…)
Sporting a new seeded-and-bracketed look, the Gillette Home Run Derby will entertain fans tonight at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN. DrewZuhoskiDaily! goes over the new format and rules, while The Rainout Blog hopes it doesn’t have any material tonight. The Cubs have two participants in Anthony Rizzo and Kris Bryant, so Muskat Ramblings asked their teammates who would claim bragging rights in the clubhouse. Elsewhere, Britt Ghiroli has quotes from the Orioles’ Manny Machado on his approach going into the event. (more…)