Results tagged ‘ John Farrell ’
- The Miller Sport Update tells how the Indians won their 13th straight game.
- The Tribe has more help on the way with prospects, writes The Wayniac Nation.
- The Canuck Cubbie recounts how the Cubs’ revenge plot went awry Thursday.
- The Cubs found out about Brandon Nimmo, quips A View From The Bench.
- Gamer Babes are resolute in their belief that a Giants win is a win is a win.
- Madison Bumgarner got to DH, and Bumgarner Snotrockets was loving it.
- The Cutoff Man recaps a second-straight walk-off victory for the Yankees.
- Michael Pineda is changing minds lately, including subwaybaseball.com‘s.
- Beck’s Blog has news and notes from the Tigers’ big comeback win Thursday.
- On the flip side, here’s postgame audio from Rays Radio on what went wrong.
- Daniel Satter Sport Talk analyzes the trade of Fernando Rodney to Miami.
- The Red Sox would do well to part ways with John Farrell, argues Beantown Blitz.
- Joseph Orozco reviews the first three months of the season for the Dodgers.
- The Cardinals face some tough decisions this month, notes stlcardinalsminimo.
- Newberg Report believes the Rangers are in a great position entering July.
- Here’s a review of the month of June for the Rangers from Peplums and Pitches.
- What are the Yankees to do? I’m Not a Headline Guy examines their dilemma.
- Dodger Insider puts forward Corey Seager as a breakout NL MVP candidate.
- These are some great images from this week’s series from Rockies Photo Blog.
- Curly W Live was there as Nationals players visited the Diabetes Care Complex.
- New Miller Park menu items for July get reviewed by Cait Covers the Bases.
- Southside Cub thinks Tuesday night’s game in Cincinnati was a weird one. Agree?
- Were you as amazed at Joe Maddon’s managing last night as The Canuck Cubbie?
- How wild was Jose Urías Tuesday night? Dodger Insider puts it in perspective.
- What extraordinary thing did the Marlins’ infield do? On Cloud Conine explains.
- Curly W Live profiles Lucas Giolito, if you want to learn more about the rookie.
- How many trends did last night’s Phillies victory end? Phillies Insider explores.
- Jamey Newberg isn’t writing in his Newberg Report blog today — or is he?
- Fan Interference asks if the Red Sox slump is going to cost John Farrell his job.
- Want to see photos from the fifth Red Sox homestand, thanks to Fenway Frames?
- Project Left Bench wonders whether anyone can turn around the Pirates.
- Who is baseball’s top player to build around. Check Down Sports has an idea…
- MLB Reports looks at where the Cardinals would be without Matt Carpenter.
- What does the current Padres homestand hold in store? Friar Wire has details.
- OSports Blog wants to know what has happened to the Astros’ staff ace.
- Looking for fantasy pitching advice today? MLB.com Fantasy 411 is here to help.
- At the Buzzer shares a recommended All-Star Ballot. Have you voted?
1. Opening Day. With the first pitch of the 2016 regular season just days away, The Wayniac Nation barely can contain his excitement. TribeVibe posted a photo gallery of the preparations at Progressive Field, and in a sure sign of baseball season, Roof Report is back advising on the roof status at Minute Maid Park. The Baseball Sociologist‘s countdown to the Orioles’ opener on Monday is down to four, as THE BLOG projects what John Farrell’s lineup card will look like on Monday and The Jailhouse puts forward four names to watch for on Opening Day. Meanwhile, mascots are converging on New York City for a morning show segment, and Cait Covers the Bases has the details.
2. Breaking camp. Teams are heading home after wrapping up Cactus and Grapefruit League action, with some final exhibition matches taking place at Major League ballparks and in some interesting other locales. Phillies Insider puts a bow on the team’s time in Clearwater, while Gamer Babes from Half Moon Bay is pumped to see the boys back in SF. Friar Wire has one final address from Padres manager Andy Green in Peoria, and Rays Radio and Major League Bastian cover the latest roster moves as teams look to trim down to 25.
3. Crystal ball time. This is the time for weighing in with prognostications. The Sports Analytics and Business Group at IU runs through their picks in the American League, as Unedukated Opinions focuses on the extremely competitive AL Central. Stlcardinalsminimo looks at the various projections for the Cardinals in 2016, and Second City Sports Report lists five reasons why the Cubs will win the World Series — and five reasons they won’t.
What’s in your Three for Thursday? Tell us about it below!