Results tagged ‘ Johnny Cueto ’
- Giancarlo Stanton dominated the Home Run Derby, as Cloud Nine Sports recaps.
- Dodgers Photog Blog and SF Giants Photos posted images from Petco Park.
- Chris Sale starts for the AL tonight, and Inside the White Sox discusses the honor.
- More Splash Hits notes the good omen when a Giant starts the All-Star Game.
- Re-live this Mets All-Star memory of Jacob deGrom with subwaybaseball.com.
- Joeschlabotnikfanclub weighs in on the All-Star fan selections for the NL.
- Miguel Cabrera represents the Tigers in San Diego and Tigers Forever loves it.
- Phillies Insider highlights Odubel Herrera and some Phillies All-Star “lasts.”
- Here are some midseason MLB awards, courtesy of Beyond the X’s and O’s.
- The MLB.com Fantasy 411 gurus identify some surprises and disappointments.
- There were some positives to the A’s rough first half, argues Jen Rainwater.
- Matt Fassnacht Sports calls for fans to believe in Pirates GM Neal Huntington.
- Let new GM Dave Dombrowski do his job in Boston, pleads Molly Burkhardt.
- Sportsbard asks whether this Cubs team has been built for October baseball.
- Here are five teams poised to make playoff runs, according to The Grandstand.
- Cheap Seat Chirps believes that it’s time to start watching the Phillies again.
- Mariners prospect Tyler O’Neill certainly has impressed The Wayniac Nation.
- Cat loves the dodgers shares her ballpark experience at Dodger Stadium.
- This is some high praise for the Zack Cozart bobblehead from Better Off Red.
- With David Ortiz still at his peak, Beantown Blitz asks whether he should retire.
- Meanwhile, The Unbiased MLB Fan ponders the difficulty of going out on top.
- Looking for photos from the Dodgers’ Tuesday win? Dodgers Photog Blog has those.
- The Cutoff Man points out the Yanks and Jays are going in opposite directions.
- What more can Clayton Kershaw do? Not much, according to cat loves the dodgers.
- Stlcardinalsminimo believes the baseball gods intervened in Monday’s win.
- Who was the Giants Man for May? Gamer Babes says it was Johnny Cueto.
- Thrivenationblog wants to know what’s wrong with Matt Harvey this season.
- Deciding who to pitch or ditch today? MLB.com Fantasy 411 is here to help!
- CapFigure can’t wait to see what Christian Yelich goes on to do in his career.
- Ever wonder how Greg Amsinger got into baseball? Cardinals Insider explains.
- What has Bernie Williams been up to? The Baseball Sociologist has the answer.
- Cait Covers the Bases has “Specials by Series” if you’re heading out to Miller Park.
- Have you seen these shots of the Tink Larson Field opener by Twins Pics?
- Cardinal Red Baseball wants to know if you’ve tried Stan the Man BBQ Sauce.
- Have you welcomed rookie blogger My Royals Experience, who just made a debut?
What are you wondering about this Wednesday?
- How excited is cat loves the dodgers about her trip to Spring Training in Arizona?
- What will the Royals’ outfield depth look like? Kansas City Baseball Vault explores.
- From the Corner of Edgar & Dave posted video highlights if you’re looking for those.
- Who will be the Blue Jays’ fifth starter? Same Page Team looks at the candidates.
- Boston’s Big Four backed Travis Shaw to start for the Red Sox. Do you agree?
- Which fan has worn an arm sleeve for eight months? On Cloud Conine has details.
- The Canuck Cubbie tries to wrap his mind around the Cubs’ potential this season.
- Johnny Cueto’s start didn’t go well, but Gamer Babes reminds us it’s just practice…
- …And at least Cueto isn’t a Dodger this season, points out More Splash Hits.
- Pinstripe State of Mind asks if Aaron Judge could be this season’s Greg Bird.
- What do you make of these nine bold predictions from 9 Inning Know It All?
- The Unbiased MLB Fan looks at looming home run milestones, if you’re curious.
- How are the Brewers looking after a busy offseason? Thoughts From Scott previews.
- Stlcardinalsminmo asks the question of where the Cardinals stack up in the NL.
- Were the Twins a fluke last season? The Wayniac Nation tries to figure out.
- The Metssiah sees the Mets winning the World Series this year. Thoughts?
- Looking for a preview of the NL East? The First Week of Summer has one for you.
- How did Kenta Maeta fare on Taco Tuesday? Not bad at all, says Dodger Insider.
- Cait Covers the Bases has another way in which Brewers players are bonding.
- Remember when the Dodgers signed a former enemy? Dazzy Vance Chronicles does.
- Free agent Johnny Cueto signed with the Giants and Daniel Satter Sport Talk reacts.
- The Baseball Stat Guy says the Giants answered the D-backs inking Zack Greinke.
- According to stlcardinalsminimo, San Francisco isn’t likely to get their money’s worth.
- With the Dodgers missing out on Cueto, cat loves the dodgers wonders what now.
- Over at Dodger Insider, Jon Weisman warns against writing off the Dodgers just yet.
- Here are some Hot Stove reflections from Women Who Love Cardinals Baseball.
- GENY Mets explains why the Yoenis Cespedes phase is now over for the Mets.
- David Price’s uniform number inspired Teddy’s Ballgame to talk best numbers ever.
- Around the Horn Talk really wants to see the Indians trade for Todd Frazier.
- Jerry Dipoto has been busy. Mariners Musings has a list of all his roster moves.
- The Morning Biscuit wonders whether the Cubs are the new Evil Empire.
- With Pete Rose’s ban remaining in place, Bleacher Boy thinks his fate is sealed.
- Sons of ’84 makes the Hall of Fame case for Tigers legend Alan Trammell.
- MLB.com’s Tom Singer shares his Hall of Fame ballot over at Change for a Nickel.
- MLB is planning a goodwill tour of Cuba and Murray Cook has all the details.
- The Winning Run talks about the recommendation of expanded nets at ballparks.
- Official MLB historian John Thorn wishes you a Merry Winter Solstice.
- Better Off Red proudly introduces The Umpteen Days of Christmas for Reds fans.
- TribeVibe wishes you happy holidays from the Indians Community Impact Team.
- Here are some signs of the 2016 All-Star Game, courtesy of Cool San Diego Sights!
- Baseball with Matt looks at some of the interesting nicknames of Hall of Famers.
- Are you underappreciating the 1995 Braves? The Wayniac Nation believes so.
Tell us about your Tuesday Takeaways in the comments below!
1. Royals take a 2-0 series lead. Johnny Cueto’s dominant Game 2 pitching performance produced the first World Series complete game by an American League pitcher since 1991, as Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk recaps. Drinking the Royals Blue Aid was overjoyed to see the return of “Good Cueto” following his struggles last time out in Toronto in Game 3 of the ALCS. From the Mets’ perspective, both Just Mets and Write Your Story Now agree on one thing right now: Ya gotta believe!
2. Neutral perspectives. Gamer Babes from Half Moon Bay reminds us that the Royals jumped out to an early lead in last year’s World Series, but it was the Giants celebrating in the end. Newberg Report wishes it were the Rangers battling the Mets in the Fall Classic, but is happy baseball isn’t over just yet. Meanwhile, One Flew Over the Jays nest asks whether the final week of the season cost the Blue Jays a spot in the World Series. And it’s a lonely October for Tigers Forever, with both the Tigers and her adopted Blue Jays done for the year.
3. Advice for the Marlins. Cardinal Red Baseball discusses Miami’s next manager and Florida Sports View wants to see the Fish target free agent pitcher Doug Fister to see if they can get him back to his best. But the best suggestions may come from On Cloud Conine, who put together some outstanding Halloween costume recommendations for Marlins players.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday with a comment below!
- Around the Horn Talk recaps the Blue Jays’ offensive explosion to take Game 3.
- Ryan Goins bounced back with a big game and statsinstillettos.com loved to see it.
- Drinking the Royals Blue Aid laments a rough start by Johnny Cueto on Monday.
- Facing a 2-0 deficit, Cubs fans need to believe, argues Mark’s Cubs Worship Pulpit.
- The Canuck Cubbie sees a tale of two Kyles in tonight’s Game 3 at Wrigley Field.
- Daniel Murphy has been huge, as The Barone Beat and Lets Blog Mets will tell you.
- Just Mets explains how the Cubs’ weaknesses are playing into the Mets’ strengths.
- Here’s why your team won’t win the World Series, courtesy of Call to the Bullpen.
- The Zo Zone covers the Phillies parting ways with former All-Star Domonic Brown.
- The Tony Gwynn Memorial Freeway was dedicated and Friar Wire was there.
- Cat loves the dodgers misses baseball and tries to adjust to the Dodgers’ offseason.
- Want to work at Miller Park next season? Cait Covers the Bases has the details.
- Phillies Insider revisits the 1980 World Series title on its 35th anniversary.
- Ever misremember a baseball moment from your youth like The Rainout Blog?
- Cardinal Red Baseball shares thoughts on Manny Ramirez’s role with the Cubs.
Want to share a particularly good blog post with us? Leave a link in the comments below!
1. That Seventh Inning. Blue Jays Musings wrote that “you will remember where you were when the game happened.” An unforgettable 53-minute seventh inning — recapped very nicely by The Armchair All-Americans — propelled the Blue Jays to the ALCS. Jose Bautista’s bat flip has people talking, and Thayer’s Thoughts approved of the move. As Cozy Comfy Home discusses Blue Jays Fever spreading across Canada, The Pete Sports Beat asks if the interruption caused by fans at Rogers Centre played a role in the outcome. Despite the tough loss, Newberg Report remains proud of the Rangers and thoroughly enjoyed the 2015 season, while dfwsportsreport is looking forward to bright future in Texas.
2. Royals back to the ALCS. The defending American League champions will play to defend their title after the Royals rode Johnny Cueto to a win in Game 5 of the ALDS against the Astros. Drinking the Royals Blue Aid says Cueto picked a fine time to throw his best game in a Royals uniform. Even after enduring the heartbreak of Game 4 and the disappointment in the series decider, CHIPALATTA writes that it has been a fantastic ride for the Astros this season. The ALCS matchup now provides The Distinguished Grizzly with the AL rivalry he wants to see.
3. Pitching showdown in Game 5 in LA. If you love pitching, the decisive NLDS game between the Mets and Dodgers has a pitching matchup you’re going to love. Dodger Insider writes that their starter, Zack Greinke, has complex thoughts, but a simple approach. On the other side, Just Mets is excited to see young Jacob deGrom get his moment when he takes the mound for the visitors. Cait and Cleats talks herself through a gameday panic attack with the help of some animated GIFs, and cat loves the dodgers says that the unbelievable has happened.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday!
The deadline to have your say in the Esurance All-Star Game 2015 Final Vote is today at 4 p.m. ET, so if you haven’t already voted, get on it! If you missed it, Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez appealed to fans to #VoteTsunami in his MLB Pro Blog, The Wave of Perseverance, then went out and tossed 7 1/3 scoreless innings Thursday night. Meanwhile, Better Off Red is pulling out all the stops to get hometown pitcher Johnny Cueto to the All-Star Game. (more…)
1. Final Vote. Clayton Kershaw should be an All-Star if you ask Dodger Insider, and Phillies Insider certainly wouldn’t disagree after watching the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner toss a shutout on Wednesday night. But he still needs to win the Esurance All-Star Game 2015 Final Vote to make it to Cincinnati. Meanwhile, Better Off Red continues stumping for their guy, Johnny Cueto. You have until 4 p.m. ET on Friday to cast your vote for the 34th and final All-Star spots in each league for the 2015 All-Star Game. There’s a case to be made for all of the candidates, so let’s hear yours! (more…)