Results tagged ‘ Just Mets ’
- Drinking the Royals Blue Aid shares her Royals wishes for the year to come.
- Celebrate the calendar turning to 2016 with 16 for ’16 from Dodger Insider.
- Phillies Phollowers thought out some new year’s resolutions for Phillies fans.
- The Unbiased MLB Fan put together his blogging resolutions for 2016.
- Beat writer Carrie Muskat rings in the Cubs new year at Muskat Ramblings.
- Newberg Report is looking forward to a very promising 2016 for the Rangers.
- Just Mets takes a moment to thank their readers for an unforgettable 2015.
- Take a look back at the Blue Jays’ 2015, courtesy of One Flew Over the Jays nest.
- The Winning Run highlights the best of baseball from a memorable 2015.
- The Astros Ballhawk reminisced about ballhawking exploits from the past year.
- Say bye to 2015 with this Top Ten list from Indians beat writer Jordan Bastian.
- The Jays picked up John Gibbons’ 2017 option, as Blue Jays Musings explains.
- Will a free agent fall into the Cardinals’ lap? Stlcardinalsminimo is wondering.
- Sons of ’84 makes the case for nine players to go to Cooperstown this summer.
- Here’s a profile of enigmatic Rangers prospect Joey Gallo from The Futurists.
- The Baseball Sociologist pays musical tribute to 2015 NL MVP Bryce Harper.
- Call to the Bullpen looks at Rockies GM Jeff Bridich’s plan to solve Coors Field.
- Did you get Baseball with Matt‘s recent historical trivia question correct?
- The Dodgers’ southpaw-heavy rotation has BBST digging into her history books.
- Call to the Bullpen argues that the Yankees should forego set bullpen roles.
- The rise of juggernaut bullpens caught the attention of Man2Man Sports.
- Revisit some of the stranger injuries to baseball players with Change for a Nickel.
- Everything MLB asks why teams are willing to give up so much for relievers.
- Denard Span makes a lot of sense for the Mets, according to GENY Mets.
- Fivepointfive talks MLB expansion and suggests a couple of candidate cities.
1. The Todd Frazier trade. The All-Star third baseman — and reigning Home Run Derby champion — was traded to the White Sox on Wednesday in a three-team deal, and Call to the Bullpen has three takeaways from the move. The Baseball Stat Guy writes that Christmas has come early to the South Side of Chicago, while Dodger Insider points out the commitment the team has made to Justin Turner by opting for prospects over Frazier. As for Cincinnati, Queen City Beer League sees this as the first offseason domino to fall in the Reds’ rebuild.
2. Looking ahead. Coastal Grooves isn’t alone in missing baseball this time of year, but there’s plenty of Hot Stove action to keep us warm over the winter. One Flew Over the Jays nest is awaiting a big offseason move from the AL East champions and dumpthedh questions some of the things Mets fans are saying about Yoenis Cespedes. The Jake McDonnell Sports Blog projects the Orioles’ lineup and rotation would look like if the season started today, while Just Mets looks at who are the favorites to win the 2016 World Series.
3. Holiday season. We’re a week out from Christmas, and if you’re still looking for a gift for a Brewers fan, Cait Covers the Bases has details on a big sale this Sunday at the Brewers Team Store at Miller Park. The Halo Way has photos and video from the 2015 Angels Baseball Foundation Children’s Holiday Party. As we prepare to turn the calendar to 2016, It’s Always A Good Dre in L.A. sends out season’s greetings and looks back at The Ravine Life in 2015.
What’s in your Three for Thursday? Tell us with a comment below!
1. Winter Meetings in home stretch. Day 3 of Winter Meetings saw the Phillies trade Ken Giles to Houston for prospects, and MLB.com’s Richard Justice writes in his Justice4U blog that the hard-throwing closer is exactly what the Astros need. Just Mets says the deal that saw the Mets get their second baseman in Neil Walker from the Pirates in exchange for Jon Niese makes a lot of sense for both clubs. From the Corner of Edgar & Dave welcomes new Mariner Adam Lind to Seattle, while Unlocking the Keys looks at what the Orioles organization is looking to do this winter. Indians beat writer Jordan Bastian checked in with an update from Music City and Baseball with Matt revisits a blockbuster Winter Meetings deal from the past.
2. The Rule 5 Draft. Thursday morning brought the Rule 5 Draft, and Sons of ’84 has a good primer on this important event. Britt’s Bird Watch reports on the Orioles’ selection of Joey Rickard, while Mariners Musings discusses the relief arm the Mariners added. The Royals saw three prospects taken in the draft, and Drinking the Royals Blue Aid looks at the one who got away.
3. Seasons’ greetings. Braves Give explains how the team’s staff members are helping keep holiday spirit alive in Braves Country. The Brewers and Meijer teamed up to spread cheer to underprivileged kids, and Cait Covers the Bases has a photo gallery. If you’re still looking for a great gift for the baseball fan in your life, Beck’s Blog has the low-down on TigerFest tickets going on sale and TribeVibe shares the latest specials from the Progressive Field Team Shop.
- Just Mets wonders whether it is Ben Zobrist or bust this offseason for the Amazins.
- Here are notes and quotes from Jordan Zimmerman’s presser from Jason Beck.
- The Designated Quitters look at the ramifications of the Zimmermann deal.
- The new era of austerity in the Bronx takes some getting used to for Yankees UK.
- The HÅlos Network examines the Angels’ interest in free agent Jason Heyward.
- Not sure what to make of the Blue Jays’ pitching additions? Enter Rays Radio…
- Minoring In Baseball celebrates the return of Cameron Maybin to the Tigers.
- What one move should your team make? Call to the Bullpen writers weigh in.
- Matt’s Bats recently got to cover Willie Mays being honored at the White House.
- What should baseball do with the DH? The Sports Enthusiasts have a few ideas.
- Dodger Insider asks who would be the organization’s equivalent to Kobe Bryant.
- This is a very interesting way to look at recent champions from Data Designed.
- Balls and Strikes explores what it was that got Rube Marquand into the Hall.
- The #12DaysOfTribe social media contest is back and TribeVibe has the details.
- Better Off Red picks out the highlights from this weekend’s Redsfest in Cincy.
- Looking for the perfect holiday gift for a Phillies fan? Phillies Insider can help.
- Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk revisits a wild and eventful 2015 World Series.
- The Royals made yet another dramatic comeback and The Wayniac Nation loved it.
- Drinking the Royals Blue Aid still can’t believe her team took the World Series.
- With the win, the Royals destroyed the narrative, according to A Literary Illusion.
- Play the Man Not the Game wrote about humble beginnings and storybook endings.
- The Royals’ determination this October drew praise from The Unbiased MLB Fan.
- The Baseball Continuum has updated, final Mr. October standings for the postseason.
- Did it seem like a weird World Series? Mercenary Ornithology explains why that was.
- Cat loves the dodgers identifies with Mets fans, given the Dodgers’ NLDS heartbreak.
- Close doesn’t count, but Gamer Babes looks at the Mets coming up just short.
- What if David Wright had let Wilmer Flores make the play, asks stlcardinalsminimo.
- We Gotta Believe! has one final volatile win probability chart for the 2015 season.
- The offseason is here and Just Mets says the Mets must begin prepping for 2016.
Let’s hear your thoughts on the 2015 World Series in the comments!
1. Royals take a 2-0 series lead. Johnny Cueto’s dominant Game 2 pitching performance produced the first World Series complete game by an American League pitcher since 1991, as Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk recaps. Drinking the Royals Blue Aid was overjoyed to see the return of “Good Cueto” following his struggles last time out in Toronto in Game 3 of the ALCS. From the Mets’ perspective, both Just Mets and Write Your Story Now agree on one thing right now: Ya gotta believe!
2. Neutral perspectives. Gamer Babes from Half Moon Bay reminds us that the Royals jumped out to an early lead in last year’s World Series, but it was the Giants celebrating in the end. Newberg Report wishes it were the Rangers battling the Mets in the Fall Classic, but is happy baseball isn’t over just yet. Meanwhile, One Flew Over the Jays nest asks whether the final week of the season cost the Blue Jays a spot in the World Series. And it’s a lonely October for Tigers Forever, with both the Tigers and her adopted Blue Jays done for the year.
3. Advice for the Marlins. Cardinal Red Baseball discusses Miami’s next manager and Florida Sports View wants to see the Fish target free agent pitcher Doug Fister to see if they can get him back to his best. But the best suggestions may come from On Cloud Conine, who put together some outstanding Halloween costume recommendations for Marlins players.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday with a comment below!
- Were you awake like Around the Horn Talk when the Royals walked off in Game 1?
- Want to re-live all the late-night drama? Here’s a live blog from Let’s Play Nine.
- We Gotta Believe! has a win probably chart. Can you spot the high-leverage plays?
- Were the Mets their own worst enemies in Game 1 like Just Mets believes they were?
- The Athletes Hub wonders if the media handled the big off-field story ethically.
- Can the Mets rally to take the series like A View From The Bench has predicted?
- Dodger Insider is rooting for a classic World Series. Seems we’re well on our way…
- What do you think of Drei‘s proposed changes to the regular season and postseason?
- Do you like Houston’s latest organizational hire as much as stlcardinalsminimo?
- Ryebread3 explores the question of why the Red Sox fell short of expectations.
- Where do the Cubs go from here? The Canuck Cubbie has a few suggestions.
- Is the media too focused on Alex Anthopoulos’ future as Blue Jay Musings suggests?
- Have you voted yet in The Halo Way‘s four rounds of Fan Favorites Awards?
- Want to learn more about Ralph Kiner? Dazzy Vance Chronicles is here to help.
Tell us about your Wednesday Wonderings in the comments below!
- The Royals returned to the World Series, delighting Drinking the Royals Blue Aid.
- The Captain’s Speech wrote about Jays fans’ hurt after such a promising season.
- The Mets’ 2015 season could be one of the greatest stories ever told, says Just Mets.
- Lets Blog Mets is ready for one last series in 2015, with everything on the line.
- Seeing his Mets in the World Series is priceless for A View from the Bench.
- Smurfitts Speech examines Noah Syndergaard’s prediction of NYC going Mets.
- Mets fans should embrace the local bandwagon jumpers, argues Let’s Play Nine.
- Newberg Report chimes in with some epic single-sentence World Series analysis.
- Here are some vintage World Series baseball cards, courtesy of Shoestring Catches.
- Baseball with Matt looks at cities that celebrated World Series and Super Bowl wins.
- Go back a century in the World Series time machine to 1915 along with Our Game.
- It’s Always A Good Dre in L.A. posted some World Series-themed fun facts.
- With the Fall Classic nearly here, it’s prediction time for The Unbiased MLB Fan.
- Cat loves the dodgers weighs in on Don Mattingly and the Dodgers parting ways.
- It’s all about “What have you done for me lately?” laments I’m Not a Headline Guy…
- On Cloud Conine shares some of the funniest Marlins moments from this season.
- Take a look back at the Rays’ 2015 campaign with this review from MeffeTalk.
- Cue the Dagger identifies five top free agents targets for the Cubs this offseason.
1. Mets sweep way into World Series. As Just Mets writes, the sun rose this morning on a Mets National League pennant. Inspired by her team’s NLCS victory, NYC Gal Out and About! writes about love and baseball. News Stitched tries to fathom Daniel Murphy’s unbelievable hot streak that saw him win the NLCS MVP award after homering in his sixth straight postseason game.
2. Back to Kansas City. Facing elimination, the Blue Jays eased their way to a 7-1 win in Game 5 of the ALCS, to send the series back stateside. Blue Jays Musings identified Marco Estrada as the story of the game for the Jays. Drinking the Royals Blue Aid is hoping for a similar outcome when the Game 2 starters face off again in Game 6.
3. Dealing with disappointment. There can be only one World Series winner, which means there are 29 disappointed fan bases every year. The Canuck Cubbie says the Cubs gave fans a season to remember and future to believe in, and markparkinson14 sees good times ahead on the North Side. Stlcardinalsminimo laments that the Mets were able to do what the Cardinals couldn’t do this postseason: get past the Cubs. Newberg Report says not caring as much would ease the heartbreak, but that’s no solution for a fan. Meanwhile, cat loves the dodgers looks at fixing what went wrong for her team.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday below!
- The Cubs have the Mets right where they want them? Thebaseballsite believes so.
- Think genymets is excited that the Mets are a win away from the World Series?
- Want to see video highlights from Tuesday’s Game 3? We Gotta Believe! has them.
- How about some historical perspective from Just Mets on Daniel Murphy’s surge?
- Agree with The Disgruntled Fan Report that the Cubs can’t bank on future chances?
- How can the Cubs shake off defeatism? The Adventures of Troy Taylor has ideas.
- Drinking the Royals Blue Aid catalogs a postseason first in Game 4 of the ALCS.
- Did you enjoy Tuesday’s LCS doubleheader as much as Yankees Life did?
- The Unbiased MLB Fan checks in on his postseason predictions. How’s he doing?
- Do catchers really make the best managers, as baseballworldbjt claims they do?
- Cardinal Red Baseball asks whether Mark Buehrle would sign with the Cardinals.
- Time to clean house in St. Louis? Women Who Love Cardinals Baseball argues yes.
- Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk says re-signing David Freese is a must for the Halos.
- Which Dodger hitters had the best exit velocities in 2015? Dodger Insider has that.
- Drei‘s Dodger postmortem asks whether Don Mattingly should stay or go.
- Re-live the Mariners’ season with a recap by From the Corner of Edgar & Dave.
- The Halo Way is doing Fan Favorite Awards. Who will walk away the winner?
- Who was former pitcher Jack Coombs? Allow Shoestring Catches to explain.