Results tagged ‘ memorabilia ’
1. Free agents still available. We’ve seen some very high-profile signings so far, but there still are big names unsigned for 2016. Roman report looks at possible destinations for Ian Desmond, while I’m Not A Headline Guy… highlights some moves the Yankees might still make. In his Justice4U blog, MLB.com’s Richard Justice says this is where smart teams can do themselves a big favor with savvy shopping. If that’s not enough, Diamond Talk gazes into the crystal ball at next winter’s crop of free agents.
2. Counting down to baseball. As Phillies Insider points out, we’re just three weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting to camp in Arizona and Florida. Now’s the time to start thinking about tickets, like Cardinals Red Baseball. And if ballpark food is on your brain, The Baseball Sociologist writes about a Minor League club’s call for fan food suggestions.
3. Getting historical. Hopefully you’ve been enjoying David Voigt’s excellent History of Baseball series on Official MLB Historian John Thorn’s Our Game blog. Part 8 is up now, covering the post-war and expansion eras. Carrie Muskat discusses an upcoming MLB Network documentary on legendary Cubs broadcaster Harry Caray, while Cardinals Insider introduces the new Redbird Relics artifacts for fans. For some more recent history, On Cloud Conine revisits the time the Marlins ran out of catchers in the second inning.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday in the comments below!
- Cardinal Red Baseball writes that Lee Smith needs some help to get into the Hall.
- Should Steve Garvey be in Cooperstown? Dazzy Vance Chronicles analyzes it.
- Stlcardinalsminimo has a surprising stat about the Cardinals and WAR in 2015.
- The Mets are closing in on Alejandro De Aza and Just Mets looks at the fit.
- Around the Horn Talk delves into The Curious Case of Jurickson Profar.
- Indians beat writer Jordan Bastian recaps a busy Hot Stove week for the Tribe.
- What’s next for the Yankees and Brett Gardner, The Wayniac Nation wonders.
- BBST explains that the A’s still have faith in Jarrod Parker, even after surgeries.
- The Pete Rose decision is a sad ending of a sorry episode, says The Winning Run.
- Phillies Insider wishes everyone a happy holidays in seasonal verse form.
- If you’re looking for your Reds fix, come on out to Better Off Red‘s trivia night.
- Plouffe’s New Hairdo shares his top 10 pieces of game-used memorabilia snagged.
- Re-live Mark McGwire’s mammoth blast off Randy Johnson with Balls and Strikes.
- Matt’s Bats recently attended Nationals WinterFest and he shares this thoughts.