Results tagged ‘ MLB Network ’
- With David Ortiz still at his peak, Beantown Blitz asks whether he should retire.
- Meanwhile, The Unbiased MLB Fan ponders the difficulty of going out on top.
- Looking for photos from the Dodgers’ Tuesday win? Dodgers Photog Blog has those.
- The Cutoff Man points out the Yanks and Jays are going in opposite directions.
- What more can Clayton Kershaw do? Not much, according to cat loves the dodgers.
- Stlcardinalsminimo believes the baseball gods intervened in Monday’s win.
- Who was the Giants Man for May? Gamer Babes says it was Johnny Cueto.
- Thrivenationblog wants to know what’s wrong with Matt Harvey this season.
- Deciding who to pitch or ditch today? MLB.com Fantasy 411 is here to help!
- CapFigure can’t wait to see what Christian Yelich goes on to do in his career.
- Ever wonder how Greg Amsinger got into baseball? Cardinals Insider explains.
- What has Bernie Williams been up to? The Baseball Sociologist has the answer.
- Cait Covers the Bases has “Specials by Series” if you’re heading out to Miller Park.
- Have you seen these shots of the Tink Larson Field opener by Twins Pics?
- Cardinal Red Baseball wants to know if you’ve tried Stan the Man BBQ Sauce.
- Have you welcomed rookie blogger My Royals Experience, who just made a debut?
What are you wondering about this Wednesday?
1. Free agents still available. We’ve seen some very high-profile signings so far, but there still are big names unsigned for 2016. Roman report looks at possible destinations for Ian Desmond, while I’m Not A Headline Guy… highlights some moves the Yankees might still make. In his Justice4U blog, MLB.com’s Richard Justice says this is where smart teams can do themselves a big favor with savvy shopping. If that’s not enough, Diamond Talk gazes into the crystal ball at next winter’s crop of free agents.
2. Counting down to baseball. As Phillies Insider points out, we’re just three weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting to camp in Arizona and Florida. Now’s the time to start thinking about tickets, like Cardinals Red Baseball. And if ballpark food is on your brain, The Baseball Sociologist writes about a Minor League club’s call for fan food suggestions.
3. Getting historical. Hopefully you’ve been enjoying David Voigt’s excellent History of Baseball series on Official MLB Historian John Thorn’s Our Game blog. Part 8 is up now, covering the post-war and expansion eras. Carrie Muskat discusses an upcoming MLB Network documentary on legendary Cubs broadcaster Harry Caray, while Cardinals Insider introduces the new Redbird Relics artifacts for fans. For some more recent history, On Cloud Conine revisits the time the Marlins ran out of catchers in the second inning.
Tell us about your Three for Thursday in the comments below!
- Stlcardinalsminimo is nervous about the Cardinals’ offense and wants key bats rested.
- The Mariners have a re-built bullpen, and Balls and Strikes wonders if it will be better.
- The Brewer Nation digs into MLB Network’s “Top 10 Right Now” position rankings.
- The Cubs’ outfield is the team’s latest unit to earn plaudits, as Vine Line Blog explains.
- Say hello to a rookie Jays blogger, Alyssa Cohen, and welcome her to our community!
- Dazzy Vance Chronicles says Mike Piazza going into the Hall as a Met makes sense.
- Here’s a video of Humphrey Bogart talking baseball from The Baseball Sociologist.
- Women Who Love Cardinals Baseball is excited for Cardinals Winter Warm-Up.
- Dodger FanFest is just around the corner and cat loves the dodgers can’t wait.
- From the Corner of Edgar & Dave shares details on the upcoming Mariners FanFest.
- This time around, the A’s are determined to hold on to Sonny Gray, writes BBST.
- Confessions of a Mariners Fan previews the AL West on the road to Spring Training.
- Newberg Report pays tribute to Cole Hamels for his impact on the Rangers season.
- The AL Wild Card Game matchup with the Astros has The Cutoff Man‘s attention.
- I’m Not a Headline Guy doesn’t see good signs in the way the Yankees’ season ended.
- Re-live the Dodgers clinching NLDS home-field advantage with cat loves the dodgers.
- Blue Jays Musings looks ahead at John Gibbons’ possible roster for the ALDS.
- MLB.com beat writer Carrie Muskat says it was quite a season for the Chicago Cubs.
- The Canuck Cubbie thinks the North Siders are giving their fans reason to believe.
- One division had the three best records in MLB and stlcardinalsminimo is impressed.
- The Pirates will host the NL Wild Card Game as buccosreview recaps their final series.
- Phillies Phollowers was there as the Phillies won their finale to avoid 100 losses.
- Coincidentally, an early countdown to Opening Day 2016 comes from Phillies Insider.
- The reigning champs fought valiantly, but Giants Fan Carm says to cue the fat lady.
- Our Game features a guest column with 10 thoughts by MLB Network’s Elliott Kalb.
- Read this tribute to longtime Sox announcer Don Orsillo by Standing Room Only.
- Steel city ballhawk was on hand Friday night at PNC Park for another Pirates win.
- Here are postseason previews from Brien O’Raighne and The World of Sports.
The 2015 MLB First-Year Player Draft gets under way tonight, and as you’d expect, the excitement is reflected in our blogging community. Make sure to tune into MLB Network or visit MLB.com at 6 p.m. ET to watch the proceedings unfold. In the meantime, here’s a sampling of what people are saying ahead of the big event: (more…)