Results tagged ‘ Pete Rose ’
1. Ichiro’s 4,257th. Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk posted videos of the historic hits in San Diego yesterday, while The Unbiased MLB Fan wrote about the achievement and On Cloud Conine highlighted an Ichiro doppelgänger. Bleacher Boy asks the question: Who is the real “hit king”? The Wayniac Nation discussed the debate and The Miller Sport Update says it’s still Pete Rose.
2. Playoff previews? Wednesday saw potential October matchups in both leagues. The Metssiah was overjoyed at the Mets’ offense breaking out in a rout of the Pirates, as Bitty’s Gumband argues it’s time for Pirates starters to step up. Despite the walk-off victory by the Nationals, The Canuck Cubbie still enjoyed Wednesday’s extra-inning affair in the nation’s capital as two of the NL favorites locked horns. Following a tough defeat in an AL Central showdown with the Royals, Cleveland Sports Perspective wonders whether Terry Francona is loyal or stubborn. Steven Wright pitched the Red Sox into a first-place tie, and The Loyal Bostonian says it’s not too late to hop on the knuckleballer’s bandwagon. Baltimore Sports Today‘s latest podcast looks at the Orioles’ bullpen highs and rotation lows.
3. Vote! Overtime takes a stab at predicting the American League All-Star Game starters, as Daily Law Sports checks in where Red Sox players stand in the fan voting. Cait Covers the Bases and Dodger Insider posted updates on a couple of their players cracking the Top 5 at their positions, while Redleg Nation stumps for a couple of Reds. If you haven’t already voted, you have until June 30th, so submit your ballot and blog about it!
What’s in your Three for Thursday? Tell us about it in the comments!
- Cardinal Red Baseball writes that Lee Smith needs some help to get into the Hall.
- Should Steve Garvey be in Cooperstown? Dazzy Vance Chronicles analyzes it.
- Stlcardinalsminimo has a surprising stat about the Cardinals and WAR in 2015.
- The Mets are closing in on Alejandro De Aza and Just Mets looks at the fit.
- Around the Horn Talk delves into The Curious Case of Jurickson Profar.
- Indians beat writer Jordan Bastian recaps a busy Hot Stove week for the Tribe.
- What’s next for the Yankees and Brett Gardner, The Wayniac Nation wonders.
- BBST explains that the A’s still have faith in Jarrod Parker, even after surgeries.
- The Pete Rose decision is a sad ending of a sorry episode, says The Winning Run.
- Phillies Insider wishes everyone a happy holidays in seasonal verse form.
- If you’re looking for your Reds fix, come on out to Better Off Red‘s trivia night.
- Plouffe’s New Hairdo shares his top 10 pieces of game-used memorabilia snagged.
- Re-live Mark McGwire’s mammoth blast off Randy Johnson with Balls and Strikes.
- Matt’s Bats recently attended Nationals WinterFest and he shares this thoughts.
- Free agent Johnny Cueto signed with the Giants and Daniel Satter Sport Talk reacts.
- The Baseball Stat Guy says the Giants answered the D-backs inking Zack Greinke.
- According to stlcardinalsminimo, San Francisco isn’t likely to get their money’s worth.
- With the Dodgers missing out on Cueto, cat loves the dodgers wonders what now.
- Over at Dodger Insider, Jon Weisman warns against writing off the Dodgers just yet.
- Here are some Hot Stove reflections from Women Who Love Cardinals Baseball.
- GENY Mets explains why the Yoenis Cespedes phase is now over for the Mets.
- David Price’s uniform number inspired Teddy’s Ballgame to talk best numbers ever.
- Around the Horn Talk really wants to see the Indians trade for Todd Frazier.
- Jerry Dipoto has been busy. Mariners Musings has a list of all his roster moves.
- The Morning Biscuit wonders whether the Cubs are the new Evil Empire.
- With Pete Rose’s ban remaining in place, Bleacher Boy thinks his fate is sealed.
- Sons of ’84 makes the Hall of Fame case for Tigers legend Alan Trammell.
- MLB.com’s Tom Singer shares his Hall of Fame ballot over at Change for a Nickel.
- MLB is planning a goodwill tour of Cuba and Murray Cook has all the details.
- The Winning Run talks about the recommendation of expanded nets at ballparks.
- Official MLB historian John Thorn wishes you a Merry Winter Solstice.
- Better Off Red proudly introduces The Umpteen Days of Christmas for Reds fans.
- TribeVibe wishes you happy holidays from the Indians Community Impact Team.
- Here are some signs of the 2016 All-Star Game, courtesy of Cool San Diego Sights!
- Baseball with Matt looks at some of the interesting nicknames of Hall of Famers.
- Are you underappreciating the 1995 Braves? The Wayniac Nation believes so.
Tell us about your Tuesday Takeaways in the comments below!