Results tagged ‘ White Shark ’
The Giants recently held their annual Challenger Clinic at AT&T Park, and outfielder Gregor Blanco participated, along with a number of other members of the organization. Gregor wrote about the event in his White Shark MLB Pro Blog. Read what he has to say about the amazing experience of working with the kids, whose love of the game shines through strongly. Drop him a line in his comments, and make sure you’re following his blog!
Whether it’s giving up a huge inning or a enduring a grueling 13-inning game, there are going to be bumps along the way during in any season. In his White Shark MLB Pro Blog, Giants outfielder Gregor Blanco talks about digging out from those kinds of holes and how he is able to learn lessons from the tough times instead of becoming discouraged by them. Leave Gregor a comment and make sure you’re Following his blog!
Gregor Blanco took advantage of some down time at Giants camp in Scottsdale to talk in his White Shark blog about what motivated him as a youngster. Entering his eighth season in the big leagues, the Venezuela-born outfielder explains how his competitive streak gave him the spark of motivation required to become a professional baseball player. If you aren’t already following Gregor’s blog, make sure you do so, as this season he plans on discussing his journey from childhood to the big leagues.
- Miranda Writes Sports has some thoughts on Jason Heyward signing with the Cubs.
- Is there a lesson to be learned from Heyward leaving, asks stlcardinalsminimo.
- Giants Fan Carm is pleased to see the Giants add a second Shark to their roster.
- Here’s a recap of last week’s Winter Meetings in Nashville from Wes the Sports Guy.
- The Baseball Stat Guy takes a look at Winter Meetings moves by the numbers.
- The shift in attention from free agent signings to trades caught BBST‘s attention.
- Man-2-Man Sports examines the question of who is winning this year’s offseason.
- The Rangers enjoyed a great winter back in July, according to Newberg Report.
- The Zo Zone spoke with former Phillies closer Ken Giles about his trade to Houston.
- What are the Royals doing to defend their crown? Around the Horn Talk investigates.
- Cardinal Red Baseball isn’t too sure what’s going on with the Redbirds this winter…
- …while tvteddy sees the Cardinals making small-but-smart moves to stay competitive.
- The defending NL champs’ path forward is on the mind of A View From The Bench.
- Wide Right Sports Blog writes about the Yankees and their offseason strategy.
- Jerry Dipoto’s Mariners makeover is impressing Confessions of a Mariners Fan.
- Plouffe’s New Hairdo put together a list of his Top Ten MLB Games Attended.
- Here’s a Q&A with Cardinals prospect Luke Weaver from The Unbiased MLB Fan.
- Drei delves into why Jackie Robinson retired rather than be traded to the Giants.
- Tom Singer’s open letter with Clint Hurdle the Elder is at Change for a Nickel.
- TribeVibe posted a photo gallery of the work under way at Progressive Field.
- The Tigers are giving back this holiday season, as Comerica Park, 48201 shows.
- JR Sport Brief asks whatever happened to collecting baseballs cards?
1. Final Vote. Clayton Kershaw should be an All-Star if you ask Dodger Insider, and Phillies Insider certainly wouldn’t disagree after watching the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner toss a shutout on Wednesday night. But he still needs to win the Esurance All-Star Game 2015 Final Vote to make it to Cincinnati. Meanwhile, Better Off Red continues stumping for their guy, Johnny Cueto. You have until 4 p.m. ET on Friday to cast your vote for the 34th and final All-Star spots in each league for the 2015 All-Star Game. There’s a case to be made for all of the candidates, so let’s hear yours! (more…)
The defending World Series champs are well represented in our blogging community, with first baseman Brandon Belt, shortstop Brandon Crawford and outfielder Gregor Blanco all finding time away from the ballpark to post to their blogs. In his shared Brandon and Brandon blog, Belt has an update on his son, Grayson, talks about Blanco’s recent concussion and reviews a couple of new releases he has seen in theaters. For his part, Blanco discusses his recovery from the concussion and answers questions from fans on subjects like adjustments at the plate, his family and team travel in his White Shark blog.
Leave them a comment and start your own blog today to blog with the pros!
Previously, Gregor Blanco shared the exciting news that he and his wife are expecting a third child. In his most recent post to his White Shark blog, the Giants outfielder reveals the gender — and answers questions submitted by readers on subjects ranging from the DH to the toughest pitcher for him to face. (more…)
As you know, we’re not strangers to having to fight our way out of a bad stretch. That’s why no one in here panicked last month. We know how to come out of it, and it looks like we have. Or least we’re in the process. And we still don’t have Cain or Hunter back.
Even in our World Series years, we never had the best team in baseball. We know we are always going to have to fight to win. We go into every game with the mentality that we fight for as long as it takes — whether we win by one run or ten runs, or get the ugliest win you can imagine. We don’t care. As long as it’s a W, we’re good. Read more >