Results tagged ‘ Xander Bogaerts ’
1. GM Meetings. The eyes of the baseball world are on South Florida, with baseball front offices assembled and trade talk in the air. Brownie Points has quotes from Scott Boras about his client, Xander Bogaerts, and a possible early long-term deal with the Red Sox. Sports Hate Me put together a list of possible trade targets for the Nationals this offseason, while Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk looks at some potential free agent signings that could help the A’s. THE REAL CUBS FAN is allowing himself to dream this offseason with some recommended moves for the Cubs, and Cardinal Red Baseball discusses the Redbirds’ reported interest in free agent ace David Price.
2. Hot Stove support group. There are two sides to every trade, so what if your favorite player is on the trading block? Plouffe’s New Hairdo is facing that exact nightmare scenario with reports that namesake Trevor Plouffe is being shopped around by the Twins this winter. Meanwhile, halfgameback wants to help Reds fans cope with losing some of their favorite players this offseason as new Reds GM Dick Williams has said he is willing to listen to offers on all current players.
3. Awards Season debate. The hardware is being handed out, and with nearly every announcement comes debate. Giants Fan Carm was elated to see the fellow blogger Brandon Crawford beat out two-time winner Andrelton Simmons for the NL Gold Glove at shortstop. MLB.com Pirates beat writer Tom Singer wasn’t nearly as thrilled with BBWAA voters’ finalists for the NL MVP Award, taking to his Change for a Nickel blog to express his dismay over Andrew McCutchen not making the cut. Have your say by voting in the Esurance MLB Awards over at MLB.com/awards!
Tell us about your Three for Thursday!
- Has Kyle Schwarber’s home run landed yet? Born on Third has the Statcast video.
- Tom Singer marvels at how the young upstart Cubs are hitting all the right notes.
- Want to see photos of last night’s game and postgame from Cubs Vine Line Blog?
- The Canuck Cubbie loves to see neutrals pulling for the Cubs to re-write history.
- Jumping on the #cubwagon is totally encouraged as far as the cola is concerned.
- When is a game not just a game? Benjamin J. Denen delves into the matter.
- Chicago Style Sports still is wrapping its head around the Cubs’ new culture.
- What’s a Cardinals fan to do now? Ask Women Who Love Cardinals Baseball.
- Agree with stlcardinalsminimo that Joe Maddon was a big factor in the NLDS?
- When is home field advantage not an advantage? Hardball Conversations explains.
- Like DodgersFYI, were you impressed by how Clayton Kershaw flipped the script?
- Lets Blog Mets tries to figure out what feels so unique about being a Mets fan.
- Will a cover jinx help out the Rangers again? Newberg Report gives it a shot.
- The Bright Side of Life can’t wait to find out if the Rangers can get the job done.
- Ever feel an obligation to post like the Canadian blogger at Tigers Forever?
- Youstontx asks whether it’s over for the Astros after Monday’s crushing loss.
- What better way for the Angels to thank fans than with The Halo Way‘s photos.
- Is In Wakefield We Trust right that Xander Bogaerts is the game’s best shortstop?
- TribeVibe clears up a mystery about what happened to Slider 20 years ago today.
- How excited were the Colombian kids whose visit is highlighted by Braves Give?
- Our Game posted the second part of a piece on tragedies and shortened careers.
What are you wondering this Wednesday? Leave a comment below and tell us about it!