Results tagged ‘ Yoenis Cespedes ’
- The Indians got back to winning ways Monday, and TribeVibe has a photo gallery.
- The Canuck Cubbie writes that there is no place like home for the Cubs.
- The Dodgers marked the Fourth with a win and Dodgers Photog Blog was there.
- What better way to celebrate Independence Day than a trip to the ballpark like KJ.
- SF Giants Photos shared photos from the Giants’ home win over the Rockies.
- The game capped off a great holiday for Gamer Babes from Half Moon Bay.
- More Splash Hits notes Madison Bumgarner likely won’t pitch as an All-Star.
- Here are All-Star starter predictions from The Sports World According to Paul.
- From the Corner of Edgar & Dave looks back at the Mariners’ 7-2 homestand.
- What are the headlines from the first half of the season? The Storms Bros weigh in.
- Off The Bench calls Rangers outfielder Ian Desmond the bargain of the year.
- Danny Espinosa is staying red hot for the Nats, writes The Unbiased MLB Fan.
- Perfect Pitch wants to see a marker put in for Yoenis Cespedes’ moon shot.
- The Red Sox recently hosted a movie night, and Fenway Frames posted photos.
- MLB.com Fantasy 411 dishes out fantasy advice with Tuesday’s Pitch or Ditch.
- Yoenis Cespedes is returning to the Mets, and Metsin’ Around reacted to the news.
- A Gal For All Seasons sees the three-year, $75 million deal as a win for all parties.
- Here’s one Mets fan’s perspective on Cespedes re-signing from Sushi on Sports.
- Metropolitanboomin evaluates a busy and productive offseason for the Mets.
- With Cespedes off the market, stcardinalsminimo takes a look at Hot Stove signings.
- Daniel Satter Sport Talk picks out the top free agents still unsigned for 2016.
- Small winter moves could pay off in a big way for the Cardinals, according to tvteddy.
- Jason Beck reports Kirk Gibson has only good things to say about Justin Upton.
- The Braves should look to sign Rymer Liriano, writes Big Time Atlanta Sports.
- The Baseball Sociologist has an appropriate photo after this past weekend’s weather.
- Taking the polar opposite approach to the snow is Dugout Diary by Joe Boesch.
- Mistake at the Jake pays tribute to Corey Kluber with “Ballad of the Klubot.”
- Re-live TigerFest with these highlights picked out by Comerica Park, 48201.
- Newberg Report is ready for the 2016 season after this weekend’s Rangers Fan Fest.
- Max Sherzer’s historic first season in Washington is on the mind of Roman report.
- Cleveland Indians Fantasy Camp puts a bow on the latest edition with this wrap-up.
- Which Giants expectorated the most in 2015? Giants Fan Carm has the numbers.
- Baseball with Matt looks back at a memorable moment from the 2002 World Series.
- Part 5 of David Voigt’s History of Baseball series is up now over at Our Game.
1. Hot Stove still burning. Spring Training is just around the corner, but there still are moves to be made this offseason. GENY Mets takes a look at the very latest news on Yoenis Cespedes, who still is yet to sign as a free agent. Cardinal Red Baseball argues that the Redbirds would be best off trading with the Rockies for Carlos Gonzalez. As for the defending champions, Around the Horn Talk analyzes the Royals’ new approach to free agency and a couple of pitching targets.
2. Rosters rounding into shape. Cubs beat writer Carrie Muskat has quotes from manager Joe Maddon saying he doesn’t expect any more additions to the roster between now as the start of the season. Dodger Insider points out 11 of the 13 pitchers with starting experience on the Dodgers’ roster will be under 30 when Spring Training starts up next month. The lack of depth in the Yankee rotation and at a couple of key positions has I’m Not A Headline Guy… wishing for a safety net, while Bullpen, Baseball & Sock Talk sizes up the A’s new-look infield this season.
3. Projecting 2016. The Baseball Haven writes about the sky-high expectations in Chicago, with the Cubs projected to have another standout campaign. In the AL, one projection has the Red Sox surging to the front of the pack, and Boston’s Big Four thinks the hometown team could be close to something special. Meanwhile, could the Indians be this year’s Mets? TribeVibe would love it if that were to happen.
What’s in your Three for Thursday? Tell us about it!
1. The Todd Frazier trade. The All-Star third baseman — and reigning Home Run Derby champion — was traded to the White Sox on Wednesday in a three-team deal, and Call to the Bullpen has three takeaways from the move. The Baseball Stat Guy writes that Christmas has come early to the South Side of Chicago, while Dodger Insider points out the commitment the team has made to Justin Turner by opting for prospects over Frazier. As for Cincinnati, Queen City Beer League sees this as the first offseason domino to fall in the Reds’ rebuild.
2. Looking ahead. Coastal Grooves isn’t alone in missing baseball this time of year, but there’s plenty of Hot Stove action to keep us warm over the winter. One Flew Over the Jays nest is awaiting a big offseason move from the AL East champions and dumpthedh questions some of the things Mets fans are saying about Yoenis Cespedes. The Jake McDonnell Sports Blog projects the Orioles’ lineup and rotation would look like if the season started today, while Just Mets looks at who are the favorites to win the 2016 World Series.
3. Holiday season. We’re a week out from Christmas, and if you’re still looking for a gift for a Brewers fan, Cait Covers the Bases has details on a big sale this Sunday at the Brewers Team Store at Miller Park. The Halo Way has photos and video from the 2015 Angels Baseball Foundation Children’s Holiday Party. As we prepare to turn the calendar to 2016, It’s Always A Good Dre in L.A. sends out season’s greetings and looks back at The Ravine Life in 2015.
What’s in your Three for Thursday? Tell us with a comment below!
- Free agent Johnny Cueto signed with the Giants and Daniel Satter Sport Talk reacts.
- The Baseball Stat Guy says the Giants answered the D-backs inking Zack Greinke.
- According to stlcardinalsminimo, San Francisco isn’t likely to get their money’s worth.
- With the Dodgers missing out on Cueto, cat loves the dodgers wonders what now.
- Over at Dodger Insider, Jon Weisman warns against writing off the Dodgers just yet.
- Here are some Hot Stove reflections from Women Who Love Cardinals Baseball.
- GENY Mets explains why the Yoenis Cespedes phase is now over for the Mets.
- David Price’s uniform number inspired Teddy’s Ballgame to talk best numbers ever.
- Around the Horn Talk really wants to see the Indians trade for Todd Frazier.
- Jerry Dipoto has been busy. Mariners Musings has a list of all his roster moves.
- The Morning Biscuit wonders whether the Cubs are the new Evil Empire.
- With Pete Rose’s ban remaining in place, Bleacher Boy thinks his fate is sealed.
- Sons of ’84 makes the Hall of Fame case for Tigers legend Alan Trammell.
- MLB.com’s Tom Singer shares his Hall of Fame ballot over at Change for a Nickel.
- MLB is planning a goodwill tour of Cuba and Murray Cook has all the details.
- The Winning Run talks about the recommendation of expanded nets at ballparks.
- Official MLB historian John Thorn wishes you a Merry Winter Solstice.
- Better Off Red proudly introduces The Umpteen Days of Christmas for Reds fans.
- TribeVibe wishes you happy holidays from the Indians Community Impact Team.
- Here are some signs of the 2016 All-Star Game, courtesy of Cool San Diego Sights!
- Baseball with Matt looks at some of the interesting nicknames of Hall of Famers.
- Are you underappreciating the 1995 Braves? The Wayniac Nation believes so.
Tell us about your Tuesday Takeaways in the comments below!